cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Service ceased early - unable to gain access back or raise a complaint

DonRobinho
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

Issue first:

I'm due to transfer to another provider on Thu 16 March. All correspondence received from TalkTalk advises this date (see attached). However, I have been cut off today, which is a huge inconvenience.

I've spent far too much time on the phone or live chat today trying to find out why this has happened. Technical Support - who would seem the obvious choice - keep referring me to sales, who refer to retentions, who refer back to tech support... After an inordinate amount of time, the best response I have is that as it has ceased, there is no way to reinstate for the next three days. 

So, as this means I won't be able to get access, I've tried to raise a complaint via Live Chat. I have been on for nearly two hours, passed amongst teams, and had lost connections. The amount of times I have been referred back to tech support when I requested I be referred to a complaints manager as originally I was advised has been embarrassing.

All I ask is I am reimbursed for the lost days in billing, have the nominal early exit fee waived, and have the Ofcom compensation paid as a minimum. Ideally I would like the amount of time I have wasted also be taken into account. Except... I got cut off at 19:00 as the service closed so I am unable to raise. It really feels as if TalkTalk are making the process as obtuse as possible. If there were an online form to use, I would have opted for that. Instead, it appears that writing a letter (in 2023!) is the only other option. I really cannot go through that all again tomorrow.

If anyone knows of an easier way to raise that would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

16 March.png
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi DonRobinho

The account is now fully disconnected as the cease completed on the 16th,  You have already paid your final bill on the 8th March, on the 8th April another bill will be generated which will show a refund that you can request to be refunded via My Account. 

Regards. 

0 Likes

DonRobinho
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Well, it finished like it started when I first opted for TalkTalk oddly enough... no internet, no answer why, technical support 'running tests' and getting passed pillar to post by live chat and telephone for hours on end. It's a shame as inbetween it hasn't been that bad with service generally being reliable. However, when it's not, it's an absolute grind to get an answer, assistance or even acknowledgment (this forum excepted).

I suppose all I can do now is await the final bill and see if I do get charged for the days without service or if I'm compensated. This shouldn't be the case for any company, nevermind such a well-known one.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Thanks Arne.

The router is still flashing a slow orange light. WiFi availability shows on devices but it's not possible to connect. I can't say with regard to a tone I'm afraid as we don't use the landline, so don't have a phone to check. I've checked connections and rebooted but no luck.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi DonRobinho

Sorry that you are having problems.

The cancellation is still processing as far as I can see due to complete the 16th, A line test shows the router is out of sync , so there may actually be a fault on that line rather than a stopped line, do you have a dialtone? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Wait for staff to reach your thread and reply before posting further, @DonRobinho.

Each post delays the topic's progress in the workflow - just an automated thing, but best to hold back for now.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 11

The thing is I think I might end up out of pocket. Tech support are insistent there is a cease; everyone else can see the 16th. So who is picking up that I don't have service for the final days of my contract?

Unfortunately the crux of my issue is that staff don't respond. Or rather they do but cannot provide an answer. It took most of the day to get to the position I was advised. Why was that not possible on the first call?

I started a live chat to raise a complaint as per guidance yesterday just after 17:00. I was passed around and then cut off at 19:00. It shouldn't take nearly two hours to not even raise a complaint. Let it be raised and have someone come back to me. That doesn't feel much to ask does it?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

I've no issue with the early termination fee if I'd been terminated (as it were) on the 16th. It is nominal (£1.10) but when it's TalkTalk who have terminated things early, it feels cheeky to be asked for it. I suppose it can go the other way as I did intend to terminate but felt it worth asking.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

@DonRobinho as the letter says you have an early termination fee to pay, the lost 3 days should be credited against that fee.

Have TT agreed to waive that fee as they have mistakenly ended your service early ?

You may yet have a fight on your hands !

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

You won't be out of pocket for the days that you have no service, @DonRobinho.

The next bill will show a pro rata refund for any days that you cease to have a service and have previously paid for. 

Anything else is likely to be a goodwill gesture. 

Staff respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Keep your Direct Debit in place, as you will need to use the details in your My  Account to arrange a refund to your bank account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DonRobinho
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

I should note that when I did speak to retentions or sales, they did have 16 March as the date on their systems and didn't know why that wasn't the case with tech support.

0 Likes