cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Billing - We can't reach you by email at a talktalk (tiscali) address!

Morgai
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I have a letter telling me my billing emails look like they are not getting through to my email, and if this happens again youll switch to paper billing and change me for the privilage £2.75 per month.

Heres a heads up - the email you send goes to a talktalk address. So I'm being told that a talk talk email from your system can't get to one of your own addresses. Here the rub, they are in my inbox. I pay by direct debit, so no issues with payment. Can someone let me know what you have got wrong?

P.S I've had this address for over 20years and its still working 🙂 nothing in the spam, nothing in the trash or whatever else you want to call it.

The futures so bright, ya gotta wear shades!
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Morgai

Sorry that you are having problems,  as per Gondola's advice can you change the address to a non TalkTalk address the usually fixes the problem.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

It's possible in your case that the billing system mail sender got a bounceback delivery error message but in fact the delivery was deferred or delayed. That's if you're saying there was no missed billing notification. Nothing to do with payments just that it's an OFCOM requirement that all customers must be notified of the production of a bill.

The billing system uses a different mail sender to that used for other TalkTalk emails. But if there's an issue getting mail delivered and there's a bounceback error message then that's when you get the initial email that if there's a future problem you get reverted to paper billing.

If the billing system does notify you that your account is being reverted to paper billing then simply follow the advice I gave here.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes