cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Someone please help with an order

DarrenLuxton
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

So, in April, i place an order for Fibre150.  Had the email contract, welcome pack through etc etc.  Due to be installed 14th May, great I thought.  Rang up my existing provider, have them cancel my existing services to coincide with that date.  So wife asks me yesterday what the status was.  So logged into my account, only to find out the order had been rejected (no email notification, no text no anything).  This was approximately 2pm.

So, rang them up on the number given.  Straight through to customer services as i would expect.  However, they were unable to explain why the order had been rejected. Spent over and hour and a half being transferred to various different departments to find out the reason, and no one could explain.  I would have to put a new order through.  OK i said, but bare in mind that due to my existing order my existing services would are being cancelled on the 14th.  Not a problem, but you would have to speak to order management to make that happen (great yet another dept to speak to).  At this time (and another hour being transferred)  And i get through to order management, who promised me they would speak to sales directly and make this happen.  20 mins later while they discuss my situation with sales, i got transferred. only to find out the sales person I am speaking to has no idea about my situation or what's going on, and again, I would have to place a new order.  OK, now this is getting stupid.  SO through to the new sales adviser and i somehow get cut off.  (this is now around 4:30)   Get straight back onto the phone, customer services, went through the whole speal again, this time to raise a complaint.  Ref CMP-431082.   Ok, so the complaints advisor assures me once more he will speak to sales directly and let them know whats going on so we can speed things up.   Transfers me, and what do you know, the poor sales adviser has no idea.  and again, I would have to start a new order.  Ok, going on 5pm now, ok, lets just get this done and start a new order.  Went through everything, and they needed to take an upfront payment. ok, cool, getting somewhere now, but wait, there's a problem, he has an issue with his phone and wont let me put my card details in, 30 mins passes while he attempts to fix this with his manager, no joy.   He then promised me a £40 credit onto my account and promised a callback soon as his payment system was back up and running.  Never happened.

So today, 10:30, i ring up, explain whats going on. and they have no idea whats going on, gave them the complaints ref, to be put through and they put me through to order management, again, wishing to speak to the complaints team, they promised they would put me through.  Back to customer services, and by now this is like the 8th time i've had to verify my security details.  So finally got through to complaints again, and i was told once more that they would speak to the sales team directly, explain my situation and that he was promised i would have my services ready for the 14th.  Great, getting somewhere, or so I thought.

"Hello, this is the sales team, how can i assist you today"

Hang on, were'nt you just speaking to your colleague in complaints about my issues?  "No Sir, how can I help"

Ok, by now, i'm getting rather flustered as its like 13:00.  once again, explained the siutation and they assured me they would do everything they can, but i would have to go and speak to the customer services team once more for them to assist with the date of install and the £40 credit.  Ok, so now i just want this ordered.  But wait, there's a problem, the email address I provided (the one and only email address i have ever used in the past 40 years) won't be accepted cause its already registered.  This I know i said, and gave them the original account number from the 1st order.  Half hour later after speaking to their manager, sorry, in order for me to continue i would have to provide them with a new email address.  I haven't got one i said.  at which their replay was can you create a new one in google.  So i did.   xxunusedmailxx@gmail.com   Ok, so perhaps here i wasn't playing ball that much.  Especially when they asked how would i like to received offers, statements and bills etc, (just send them to my email, no phone, text or post)  lol.  But the order did go through and i received contract and welcome pack number 3.   Then as per they stated, i would have to be transferred to customer services to credit the account, and change the date of isntall etc.  OK, at least its been ordered.

So, get through to customer services, sorry, cant help me, have to be put through to Order management.  (now i'm really getting frustrated)  And they can't change the date, this was specified in the sales team.  Ok, by this time, i want to be put back through to the complaints dept.  To which they agreed.  "Hello customer services"  (blood pressure now through the roof)  Can you put me through to customer complaints please.  not a problem will transfer you now. call gets dropped.        Did i tell you about my blood pressure???

Rings them again, through to customer services, complaints team please.  again, security verication, only this time it fails, due to me giving them a different email address, yes, gave my original rather than the one that will never gets used.  So they said they would call me back,  hesitantly i put the phone down.  BUT, i did receive an immediate callback, promising i thought.  But wait,  now i'm told each department has their own customer complaints team and that once again i would have to be transferred to a different department., to which i am currently on hold.

It is now 14:15.  Been on the phone since 10:30 this morning.  SO currently were at a total of (including yesterday) 7 hours and 45 minutes....   And i'm STILL ON HOLD waiting to be transferred.,

DLuxton
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi DarrenLuxton

Sorry for the delay.

There are notes on your account advising that a call back has been arranged for the 18th to discuss this further, the order on the account shows go live date is the 24.05.  There was also a refund for the upfront charge did you get this ?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Not sure why you have not had a comment from staff yet on here, @DarrenLuxton.

I'll re-escalate it, but please wait for their response and update it after that, as I think you did push yourself back in the automated workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DarrenLuxton
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

update.  Just took a call from one of the sales advisors to inform me that my order has been cancelled, wouldn't give me an explanation.    Highlighted just some of the above issues, and asked to transfer me to complaints.  And what do you know.   they put the phone down on me....

DLuxton
0 Likes

DarrenLuxton
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Ok, someone is now taking the severe pi**.   just received a phonecall saying that my order is once again cancelled and i would have to put a new order though.    Told the sales adviser just some of the above issues and asked to be transferred to complaints, and what happens, they put the phone down...

DLuxton
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Check for hidden extras in the details: discounted TV / VOICEMAIL PLUS/ Supersafe??

Arne can check that too. It's best not to post further before getting a response from staff. This is to keep your thread moving forward in the queue for attention, @DarrenLuxton.

0 Likes

DarrenLuxton
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

3rd update, just checked my account, and they charging me 32.95 for the fibre, not the 29.95 as promised on my initial order....

DLuxton
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Moving this to the billing section for you, @DarrenLuxton, as it deals with orders and fees, rather than the actual service. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

@DarrenLuxton, as you have followed up on your second post, I've moved the first, identical topic. 

If staff can't respond today, it will be after the Bank Holiday, so Tuesday at the earliest. 

Please complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Add your Talktalk landline number or account number by going via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes

DarrenLuxton
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

2nd update.  I'm sure now by this point someone is playing a huge prank on me.   

When i made my first order back in april, i paid a £50 upfront fee.   Which i was told yesterday that they would refund it.  Guess what, just had this email through

UPDATE ON YOUR REFUND REQUEST

Hello Darren

We've reviewed your refund request as promised. However, we're unable to process this.

DLuxton
0 Likes

DarrenLuxton
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Update (it's not 14:30)   Sales spoke to complaints to resolve my issue, but unable to transfer me because they rang me, i would have to ring back in..

DLuxton
0 Likes