cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Still getting bills for old account after moving

iKhaled0n
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hey there, 

Lately I moved to new home and asked TalkTalk to setup new fibre there and close my old account, I got my new home connected and paying bills now but I still getting bills for my old home connection even though I was told you I can canecel my direct debit and I won't be billed in future, Today I paid £34 for account I asked to close and not used also I see my accont saying incoming bill next month. 

need help closing this account. I'm now paying two bills for two accounts.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @iKhaled0n

To clarify, cancellation of full fibre account has to to done via the Full Fibre Loyalty team via the Phone, although the home move team should have cancelled the old account as part of the home move. I have checked the old account and I cannot see a cancellation request on that account.  

I would have to advise you to call us to request the cancellation of that account, once cancelled we can refund you the over payment.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

Message 2 of 5

@iKhaled0n, the trouble is that the main contact for cancellation is the phone number given here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

I'll check whether Chat now has the authority to see through cancellations, @iKhaled0n, but for a while since the lockdowns this was not the case.

The article doesn't make it quite clear!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I got full fibre setup in the old home too, I did talk to Home move team yeah and then used chat to make sure I won’t be billed on my old account anymore. @Gliwmaeden2 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Mistakes are sometimes made when you get full Fibre in the new place and traditional copper / FttC was in the old place, @iKhaled0n.

Did you use the Home Move team?

Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes