cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Talk Talk trying to Scam Shell Broadband leavers.

FPWJAY
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Had final bIll with Shell in July and got cut off 17th July 2024. Had to get EE to give me unlimited data as I had no BB for 11 days. Virgin fitted my new broad band in July and been with them since. I received a letter yesterday telling me I was about to be cut off from Talk Talk. I registered with Talk Talk online (Big mistake). I am now trapped with a Bill on my email with no way of changing email address or removing my details (you need an active talk talk line to change email address). This is going to be a massive claim against Talk Talk as when I spoke to an agent yesterday they claim I owed Shell Broaband money of which I now owe them. Virgin said they can send me data to help my case. Talk Talk will look stupid in court when my solictitors ask the basic question "prove you are his supplier! how can you do that with no active line or no BB services have never been activated by Talk Talk on this address.. take my information and save your org thousands of pounds and act on this now as this, will cripple you when it goes public. Just compare active lines against Shell customers and then make a spreadsheet. Its not rocket science. 1000's of people are being wrongly charged by you right now. Charging people for inactive lines is easy to proove in court. Ofcom will love this. I honestly beleive this is Talk Talk trying to fix this data and the fine wil be huge when it all comes out.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

HI FPWJAY

The account details have been carried over from Shell, did you call Shell to cancel when you moved to Virgin? 

Virgin use their own lines so Shell would not have been informed of the transfer, so the account continues to bill and  service still being provided down the BT line.

As Gliwmaeden2 has mentioned speak with the Shell migration team on 03451 720088. 

Regards.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Moving this to the billing section of the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Virgin use their own network, @FPWJAY.

If you didn't yourself cancel with Shell  /Talktalk it's not going to be easy:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

To contest the bill with Talktalk you will have to speak with the Shell migration team on 03451 720088. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes