cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Talktalk to Talktalk Business calls

nigel22t
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Up to November 2023 any calls I made from my Talktalk line to my work Talktalk business line were classed as Talktalk to Talktalk free calls. On the December bill this has now been classed as Local/National call and been charged as such. 

why has this changed ?

IMG_0085.jpegIMG_0084.jpeg
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thank you again: your reply is very helpful and clears it up!

Having said that, I will contest all further similar charges with TT until the changes have actually been published to their customers, or at the very least on their website.

I’m amazed that you weren’t notified.. The support chat staff online and on the phone also clearly did not (do not) know and have been fobbing me off with some daft replies. The waste of time and energy on both sides strikes me as ridiculous. This has already cost me days, which I could have spent much more productively. No wonder, the official TT online chat and phone support are so utterly inefficient and hopeless. I often get a sense that they really do not care.. Not to mention the often extremely bad English profiency of the staff, sometimes close to being quite unintelligible. I will be looking at different providers. Thank you for reading my rant, I had to get this off my chest. You’ve been really very helpful

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi chinch25 

It looks like it was late November when this change happened, I wasn't made aware of the changes either. 

TTbuisness lines where classed on "on network"  before November they are now classed as "off network" therefore generating a charge unless you have the anytime calls boost. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Thank you, Arne, that is very helpful information (and more than what I’ve managed to get from the TT customer support team so far).

Do you know when this change came into force ?!

Do you know why customers were apparently not notified? TT’s published call charges still simply state that calls from a TT landline to another TT landline are free; I can see no published info making a distinction between ‘residential’ and ‘business’.

Any further info would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

This is still being investigated as TTBuisness calls are no longer classed as free calls. 

0 Likes

chinch25
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hello nigel22t,

I’ve been having exactly the same problem since 30 November 23. It’s still unresolved. I believe that even though TalkTalk Residential and TalkTalk Business are now separate companies, landline calls from one to the other should still be free. I have never been notified otherwise. In fact, TalkTalk Residential have now refunded me all the incorrect charges for December (which, to my mind, is an indirect admission from them that something is not right at their end). However, I can see in my account that am still being charged in January for every subsequent TT Residential to Business call. Customer Services (phone and online chat) are just sending me around in circles taking up enormous amounts of my time and, I’m sure, you must have been through similar scenarios with them.

I can also see on the web that there are others having similar problems.

I am writing to you to ask if the matter has been resolved for you and what the outcome was, if any.

It would be good to hear from you

Regards

Chinch25

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

It may be due to the sale of TalkTalk business division. This created a separate legal entity, so the companies are no longer linked and presumably residential will be charged for calls to business lines so have to pass this on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).