cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Thanks but now leaving, no compensation due after 15 weeks without a landline

Toadpip
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for your previous attention. I was 15 weeks without a landline but apparently no compensation due as still had broadband service. Cancelled the boost after about 5 weeks and had these additional costs refunded. This was considered compensation as the landline is considered a free-be. Interesting interpretation of the advertising. Letters, by post, to try and register a formal complaint go unanswered. So I am calling it a day and transferring to EE/BT. Will continue with Skype for international landline calls, so much cheaper. 

Toodie OTTAWAY
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Any auto compensation will need to go through the UFO team, they use different systems that we dont have access too.  

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

@Arne-TalkTalk Here is a link to the thread reporting and attempting to resolve the fault:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/phone-message-sorry-you-cannot-make-calls-from-this-l...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Arne: Thanks for the email telling me that TalkTalk had not registered a fault on my landline. Can I refer you to my previous posts to the community in home phone: "phone message - sorry you cannot make calls from this line at the moment". (these are posted on the web with my name attached, some security). And I have a phone record on my mobile of making or attempting to make, 19 conversations with the UFO team. I don't have a record of the Live-Chat conversations but they, most of the time, said they could not deal with this and put me through to the UFO team. Have all these conversations been erased? I also have copies of two letters I sent to TalkTalk head office that did not get me anywhere for I assume I used the wrong password, account password not telephone password. Before I resolved my lack of contact to Canada with Skype, a fellow TalkTalk customer rang TalkTalk to plead on my behalf; but of course it does not work this way. So please do not tell me I did not have a fault on the landline.  So the reimbursement of the payment for boosts while I had no phone are considered compensation.  

Toodie OTTAWAY
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi Toadpip

We dont have any faults logged against your account so Auto compensation cant be applied, which is why compensation was manually applied.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Toadpip 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

If you were totally without landline (regardless of Broadband working) I think that you should have the compensation scheme on your side, @Toadpip.

Hopefully @Arne-TalkTalk will pick up the issue for you and check. I'm moving this to the billing section for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes