cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Thinking of upgrading to full fibre 150 potentially with digital voice

Message 25 of 25

Hi there evryone.

Its been a while since ive been on the forum asking you guys questions about potentially upgrading to full fibre but have lots of questions about pricing and technical questions about the eero and whether it will be compatible with my security system at home.

my contract is due for renewal and want to look at other options relating to internet delivery into my property ive been with talk talk over 10 years and all the deals im seeing dont seem to corespond with new customer prices?

could one of you lovely lot signpost me in the right direction to find out more info.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 2 of 25

Hi arne

Thank you for your response and from what i cant ascertain the router coming is the eero 6 and the digital voice adapter so will give that a try first as it may work ok with the set up that ive put together including a unmanned switch to allow for more that one ethernet reliant device to work. If its ok i will come back to the team when the openreach engineer has installed the full fibre and have everything conected up.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25
0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Any feedback from staff on the router question please ? if i did have issues configuring eero would the sagecome router be a viable option? also when will the upgrade pack be sent out ? fibre being fitted 2 weeks today.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 25

Hi @mockingbirdmedia 

If it doesn't have the phone socket, then you have the Hub 1 aka Sagemcom FAST 5364. You would then need the Granstream ATA along with another power unit & Eero, or as I said simply have a Hub 2 (Sagemcom FAST 5464) which does have the phone port on the back.

I'm sorry but you simply won't be able to dictate what you get, as either are suitable. WPA3 is all very well, but unless you have network adapters in your devices that support it, along with their operating systems supporting it as well, then the best you'll ever get is WPA2 Personel.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 25

Don't post further till staff pick up your thread,@mockingbirdmedia.

It was escalated for attention in the billing section. Posting follow ups knocks it back in the queue. Nothing can be done on here till after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 25

Another caveat is that i would like a hub router that has wpa3 and know that the eero 6 has wpa3 anyway lets see what the staff say and what my options are. Again thank you for your continued assistance

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

@mockingbirdmedia, if there's nothing for the phone in the back of the hub, you don't currently have the hub 2 but the normal Sagemcom hub sent out with FTTC services. 

You wouldn't have a Hub2 already unless you already had FTTP.

So you simply have the Sagemcom hub. 

Another, similar looking but black behind the panel, was made by Huawei ("hub black") and is no longer sent out by TT anyway. 

Best if we all wait for staff to catch up with the thread asap after the weekend so that you can get the contract checked. 

Message 9 of 25

so whats the difference keith? i thought i already had the hub 2 with the orange inlay behind the front panel. has the red wan conector 4 ethernet ports but doeesnt have a plug in a telephone adapter? or does that go straight into a ethernet port? i know the max throughput on the ethernet ports on the router i have is 100 meg i beleive i could be wrong. does the hub 2 have gigabit ethernet ports? could you send a photo of the front and back of the hub 2 that works with the full fibre 150

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 25

If you have ordered digital voice as your opening post suggests, look through the FAQ for it on the TT website. It says there the WiFi Hub2 for DV. That is what I got recently when mine was done.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 25

Moving this to the billing section for you, @mockingbirdmedia.

Message 12 of 25

could i also ask a staff member to check my acount and re clarify what service ive just signed up for and what monthly cost is the norm for the contract ive taken up for 2 years.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

wasnt offered that as an option keith when i placed the order for full fibre 150 with digital voice,ive asked the question further down the thread relating to a better solution

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

You may find them inflexible about which router goes with the package, @mockingbirdmedia, in which case any swap would need to be sorted out via the forum staff further down the road.

Message 15 of 25

Thank you for helping out im going to give talk talk a call and let me son deal with the upgrade and he will ask about the issues i diuscussed via dm a few days ago.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

I escalated it into the queue for attention this morning, @mockingbirdmedia.

They've been dealing with more "hands on" issues today.  Check back next week. 

Message 17 of 25

Just wondered if any staff had picked up my question about upgrading to fibre and whether i would have to use the eero 6 router and would i be able to swap it for another variant?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

could i ask a question to one of the talk talk staff members please.

Would i be able to swap the eero for the sagecome hub 2 if i upgraded to the 150 package? as i would need to different ethernet config to the one thats offered with the eero

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

being available on the day of instalation is fine and would be here to aid and assist with questions from the engineer. I have sent a dm.

Message 20 of 25

You MUST order digital voice WITH the full fibre order, @mockingbirdmedia, NOT AFTER. It can't be added later.

Ideally there's not a break in the service, but sometimes things don't go to plan and you can't get it installed without being present at the premises on the day you go live.

You must discuss the issue of the security alarm with the agent, as it will be an added complication if it is wifi controlled or linked to a police station etc.

0 Likes