cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Trying to obtain price for continuing contract

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 45

I am trying to find out what TT are going to try to charge me  for continuing my contract at renewal (in two months) but am unable to speak on the phone (disabled) - so I tried LIVE CHAT - first question "Please type the mobile number registered to your TalkTalk account without any spaces ?"

My answer "n/a" (I am not interested in mobiles - just an internet connection.)

BOT ..."That doesn't look quite right. Let's try again..."

Me "human please"

and so it went on for the next ten minutes

I WAS UNABLE TO RAISE A HUMAN

I am currently paying £27 including unlimited calls.

The reason for this early quote request is that TT business can offer me what I have now with TT residential for £31.99. FTTP is not yet available - so it's got to be FTTC 65Mbps with unlimited calls package.

Alternatively I can get a local FTTP - 450Mbps at £35 with calls at £4

Unbelievably - I would prefer to remain with the devil you know - TT residential - but not if I am unable to even get a decent price......

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Message 41 of 45

I assume that once Openreach have connected me - I can order FTTC from TT etc ?

I cannot order FTTC from TT !!

My house still has not yet been wired up

And TT have failed Equalities Act 2010 - because they have prevented ME from requesting information that a non-disabled customer could easily/simply and readily obtain !

Instead suggesting that I use a "nominated user"

0 Likes

Message 42 of 45

We are not stopping anything there are options available,  The nominated user can simply relay what is said on the call to you, or you could have the call on speaker phone (if possible )so you can hear what is said,  you can then make a choice. 

Did you try the Full fibre checker? it shows its available at your address.

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 45

@Arne-TalkTalkSorry but my wife has not got a clue about technical matters - I need to be able to discuss this myself

I assume that you are aware that the Equalities Act 2010 does include such matters ?

And if it became known that TT were not allowing a disabled person equal access to services that a non-disabled person can obtain - I believe that there would be serious repercussions..

Full fibre from openreach, is not yet available at my home - it is slowly working it's way up the road, but not yet here - sometime next year possibly.

Have you tried PLUS chat from your link "TalkTalk PLUS app Chat to us"

it doesn't even work

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 44 of 45

Hi Weevie

I can only give you the base prices, as I dont know what deals/discounts  are being offered by the loyalty team, Do any deals show when you log into My Account and go to offers?  

It looks like FTTP is available Full fibre packages show when your post code is entered in our fibre checker 

It might be better to have a nominated user on your account when contacting our loyalty team so they can speak on your behalf. 

Regards

0 Likes