cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unable To Pay Bill With Card On Phone And My Account

Littlewing6was9
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

So I got my Fibre 500 set up in May but was unable to pay the first month direct debit as it was automatically set up prior to installation, which was unfortunately the wrong time of the month for me financially. My service has been restricted so I have tried to pay the outstanding online in my account with my card but the page where I need to enter my card details won't load and I'm back at the previous page where my account number and amount to be paid is. I've tried numerous times. I also phoned customer service to make a payment with my card but couldn't get connected without entering my home phone number, which of course I do not have. Next to my home number in my account is a mixture of letters and numbers, clearly not a telephone number. I typed the numbers in and even my account number but couldn't get through. How can I clear my bill and get my services back up and running. I can't amend my DD date until I've made a payment. I can pay over the phone if I have the right details to pass security, or by bank transfer if necessary, although I'm concerned that method may take longer to get my services back. Thanks in advance 

I aint here to break it, just see how far it will bend...again and again, again and again...
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

when you call if you hold the line when asked for a phone number the call should eventually be picked up by customer services and when the payment is taken it can take minimum of 2 hours for the bar to be lifted.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I toggled my pop up settings and there was no difference. And I don't have an old number, this is a new account fibre 500 data only, It doesn't have a landline, home number which is needed to speak the customer services. Would doing a bank transfer get my restrictions lifted straight after paying or is there a delay. I'm a novice at this. Thanks you 

I aint here to break it, just see how far it will bend...again and again, again and again...
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Littlewing6was9

Sorry that you are having problems. 

When using My Account ensure that pop-up/ ad  blockers are disabled, You can call on  03451720088 and enter your old landline number which will still be linked to your account. 

Hope that helps.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Please stick to just this thread, @Littlewing6was9

I'll copy in what you just posted elsewhere & move the extra thread out of the way.

Wait for staff to reach your thread. It is in a queue for attention. 

Edit: from your other thread:

"I want to pay my bill via bank transfer today so I can get my services back up and running. What's the waiting time between paying and reconnection, is it as quick as paying by card."

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.