cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unprofessional & Very Unhelpful Service!

sprinter400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my terrible experience I had with TalkTalk Customer Service earlier today.

Yesterday I expressed my intentions to leave TalkTalk for a more competitive offer. A guy from the retentions team contacted me and offered me a great deal which I was very happy about. 

I agreed the new package deal but, due to the limitations of their automated email systems, he was unfortunately unable to confirm the new agreement/contract in writing and he gave me an email address to arrange this.

I wrote to that address detailing everything that was agreed and requested written confirmation but in reply I just received an automated response to the chat facility.

To cut a long story short, after 90 minutes of chatting to 3 agents on the Customer Service chat facility, NOBODY was willing to confirm what was agreed over the phone yesterday. We were just going round and round in circles. Is it too much to ask for written confirmation of what was agreed?

I'm exhausted now and I now feel that cancellation is my only option. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi sprinter400

I can see that this issue has now been resolved by a complaints manager. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Funny you should ask as that was what the last TalkTalk agent asked me to do.

It has indeed been updated with the new price and small loyalty discount but to run ONLY for 3 months with an inflation rise in April.... this is also officially confirmed via email and is the TalkTalk standard contract wording for my plan.

However, it has been verbally agreed the loyalty discount is to be renewed every 3 months during the 24 month contract but it has to be discussed with an agent every 3 months so they can access my account. The price is also fixed with no April price rise.

As my official & legal contract says different I asked them to please confirm the new agreement via email which they will not do. I can already feel what would happen in 3 months time.... I will have to fight very hard for them to read the notes and continue the agreement. I was on with them today, just asking for a confirmation email, for over 90 minutes so I guess, come April, I'd be on with them all day and they would refer me back to the written contract.

Only one of the agents today confirmed the new 24 months agreement, the others said just 3 months as per the contract sent. Of course I'm confident that they will EVENTUALLY honour the deal every 3 months but, judging by my experience today, I will have to fight & argue very very hard!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

What does it actually say in your My Account, @sprinter400?

Has that been updated?

There have been several instances of these emails spewing out nonsense and it needs to be investigated. 

If you can hang on till after the weekend, staff can look into this for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for taking the time to reply Gliwmaeden2 🙂

Yes indeed, I did listen & agree to the contract being read out and I gave verbal consent accordingly.

The contract emails came through but they did not confirm or reflect what we agreed. When I asked for the correct agreed details he said his system couldn't accommodate and I had to write to  the concerns@.... email address which just took me to chat.

Of the people I spoke to today only one of the three could confirm what was agreed, the others just said the agreement was for 3 months only and not 24 months as discussed & agreed.

In total I was on chat for over 90 minutes and got absolutely nowhere over something so simple! I can see the special deal/loyalty discount, which apparently has too be reapplied by them every three months, would be an absolute nightmare. 

All I requested was a simple one line email to confirm what was discussed & agreed to avoid go through this mess again but nobody wanted to help/accommodate which makes me feel highly suspicious. I've now lost all confidence, so I'm very reluctantly, after 22+ years, I'll just have to take my business elsewhere.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

When you arrange a contract on the phone, @sprinter400, it's usually possible to listen to the contract being read out, for you to give verbal consent to.

I'd normally seize that opportunity and they would follow up with contract emails afterwards. You don't then sign them, you just keep them.

It sounds as though you were just given the concerns@.... email address. That will usually simply take you to Chat / Complaints etc.

Strictly speaking someone should be able to listen back to the phone conversation.

However that would take time.

You could try the whole business of trying to leave again, which will trigger them to call and possibly offer the better deal again....

Sadly staff are away now till Monday. Phone support is available on Saturday, 9am - 6pm.

03451 720088

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes