cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Where do they get this nonsense?

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

I've received an email today from TalkTalk regarding my contract ending soon.

Included is this statement:

"Now that you’re coming towards the end of your Fast Broadband Extra contract which includes broadband and line rental on 18 March 2023, which costs you £24.01 per month, we want to highlight some of the options available to you going forward."

No idea what "Fast Broadband Extra" is - I've been on Fibre65 for nearly 2 years, and have been paying £24.00 per month (not £24.01) since last April's price increase.

You would think it should be fairly simple for these automated notifications to pull the correct information from my billing account, but apparently not.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

TalkTalk along with all other ISPs is obliged to notify you of your contract end date and renewal options by the regulator Ofcom. Whether you need it, or not. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 25

@AllyM,

As mentioned in your thread a few weeks ago, possibly worth paying for a few weeks out of contract and doing a deal in April.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/April-2023-price-increase/td-p/2944878#M323465

ISPs were falling over each other to grab / hang onto customers after the rises last year.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 25

I am well aware of when my contract ends - No need for TalkTalk to send out reminders.

I certainly will be contacting the Loyalty Team soon to discuss what they can do for me, possibly a deal on a Fibre35 package. The only tricky part with the negotiation is that the timing is a bit awkward with contract due for renewal in March with the April price increase coming along a couple of weeks later.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 25

Hi AllyM

Im sorry that the information is wrong about the package, but you are coming to the end of your contract on the 18th of next month. 

Call the loyalty team on 03451720088 to renew. 

0 Likes