cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Wrongfully billed for an engineer

Siannn
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I was billed for an engineer visit that I should'nt have been billed for, spoke to talktalk on Monday and they said it would be taken off my bill within 2-3 working days, by Wednesday it still hadn't been taken off so I contacted them again and they said because it was a full refund it could take a little longer and to wait another 2-3 working days and to message back on Friday if it was not reflected on my bill, which it has not, the bill is due to come out of my account Monday and I am very dissatisfied with the way this has been managed. I have been told multiple times that I would get compensated for slow wifi speeds and not once have I ever recieved compensation it seems talktalk can't keep to anything they say where finances are concerned 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Siannn

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline/account number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Siannn
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Screenshot_20240906_053946_Gallery.jpg

 on both days they said it would take 2-3 working days to correct, it's been 5 working days since the 1st message so they should have been able to apply the credit to my account, I'm on low income and cannot afford to pay this 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Siannn, once it's been made up the headline amount of your bill can't be changed.

It's fixed, as though it were a paper printed bill.

Any adjustments will actually show up in NEXT month's bill.

BUT, if they have credited the amount to My Account already, that headline amount won't be taken in full by DD. 

This may show as a credit in My Account. 

If it's not sufficiently far ahead of the DD it will be taken in full, but still be in My Account. You can then claim it back to your bank account or put it towards future bills.

Hope that makes sense.

I'll flag this for attention.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes