cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

card recuring payments

bearback
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi

Hoping support can help.

i received email regarding card recuring payments will not be taken for the next 2 months.

Trying to change payment method to direct debit but cannot due to the fixed name on the direct debit form. TalkTalk Accounts in my name but bank in wife's name.
At present my bill is paid by recurring card payment,  the name on the recurring card was change manually by customer services a while back at my request.

Can the payment method be up dated to direct debit using my wife's name and bank details if i provide them by private message or upload the Direct Debit form.

Tried sending the direct debit form as instructed but that never gets processed so pointless sending again.

My account profile has my account address and details added.

Thank you

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Stick to your own thread, please, @blodwynblod.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Apparently you do not understand the word " collect" clearly the context is about COLLECTING recurring payments where the company is the actor ie the collector as opposed to paying manually where the customer is the actor ie the payer . they are now asking apparently for manual payments because they are currently unable to COLLECT payments from cards. However I now have an email saying my payment will be COLLECTED on its normal due date and I am trying to find out the exact situation rather than paying twice 

Clear? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

@blodwynblod, the talktalkplc.com is an email address domain name for writing about complaints:

1000002894.jpg

I have already confirmed on your own thread:

1000002893.jpg

 It is NOT ACCURATE  to say that Talktalk cannot collect card payments (in your post above) when it is only Recurring Card Payments that are affected.

There are multiple options available for making payments:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/waystopay

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

hi , there doesn't appear to be a web site talktalkplc.com this is all a bit strange that a huge company like talktalk can't collect credit card payments  after all dido harding left to screw up the pandemic arrangements didn't she? And we know that possibly millions of customer details were downloaded by hackers 

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

hi I got this email too has anyone confirmed it is genuine and that talktalk really can't collect payments for 2 months ( all 3million of them)

0 Likes

bearback
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Thank you 😊😊

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14
0 Likes

bearback
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Contacted customer services but could not add the direct debit or change the name for me. They wanted to change ownership of the account to my wife’s name, that would take 28 days. The address they gave me I have tried to use before (concerns@talktalkplc.com) nothing ever happens except for a default response and obviously don’t read your email or enquiry.

Fixing the name on the direct debit form to the account holders name is a poor idea, such a stupid idea.

will make one of payments until talktalk have sorted payment system.p, if I remember that is.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

ok, thanks for your help, I will try support but it was hard work last time I had the name changed. Took 2 or 3 times to get it up dated.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi bearback

We cant do this over the community, have you called us? customer service should be able to add the direct debit details

Alternatively One off payments can be taken via My Account or live chat in the time between the new payment provider being setup

Its not ideal. 

Message 12 of 14

With respect, please don't reply unless your customer support. 

I agree its helpful and appreciated if correct but if not it bumps the support request back in the queue 

The information you posted i am all ready aware of and tried various options.

Its with regards to other issues that was stated in my support request.

Trying to change payment method to direct debit but cannot due to the fixed name on the direct debit form. TalkTalk Accounts in my name but bank in wife's name.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

You'd followed these instructions, @bearback?

1000002707.jpg

If you are still having problems, use Chat to check that they have all the relevant details  / follow up.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

If this thread is not picked up today it will be after the weekend before forum staff reply. 

0 Likes