cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

compensation

RMcGough
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi All,

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong area or not relevant to the community but I am really struggling with talktalk live chat service and resolving my issues. I am new and running out of ideas.

I lost connection to my copper line broadband connection on september 13th (through no fault of mine) and this was out until October 16th when my new full fiber was then eventually installed.

I was told by individuals within talk talk tech teams that the original problem could not be diagnosed and an openreach engineer would need to come out. Two appointments were booked (which I have confirmations for and transcripts of my conversations) - and on both occasions they were no shows - barring in mind I work fulltime and had to take time off work to attend both of these scheduled dates so I am not best impressed by this.

I was then told I would be compensated via the 'auto-compensation' within 30 days of my issue being fixed for the missed appointments and loss of service. well FF 30 working days and no compensation - so when speaking on live chat I was told because the issue was with the copper line - im not entitled to auto compensation... okay. I was then told upon further review I was not entitled to ANY compensation for the month + loss of service and two missed opeanreach appointments and given no rationale as to why???

I have had such an awful and traumatic experience over the last 3 months with TALKTALK and i'm really really fed up and angry. I have also raised a complaint off the back of this and still not had any communication with regards to this... Is there any particular individual or team that I can speak too to make a valid claim or get support from please? this seems totally unjust and unfair for a client issue that was not my fault and for consistently wasting my time and resources. 

Thank you.

No thank you
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes

RMcGough
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi Arne,

thanks for getting back to me. I was told on live chat - i did not qualify for auto compensation as the original fault was with my copper line - not full fiber. 

if this helps.

thanks

No thank you
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi @RMcGough 

Sorry for the delay

I have asked the Auto compensation team to investigate,

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @RMcGough

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes