cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

5ghz uni-2

NinjasUnite
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

I’m just wondering if the TalkTalk routers support the 5ghz uni-2 channels. As I’m looking at optimising WiFi performance. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi NinjasUnite

WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 2 of 14

Yes please Debbie

Message 3 of 14

Hi NinjasUnite

Thanks Keith.

If you would like me to switch off WIFI optimisation then please let me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that you might make. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

No problem, glad to help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Cheers mate

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Then yes it does support middle & extended. This is the current firmware's channel range in UNI-11:-

Sagemcom UNI-11 channels.png

Keith

Message 8 of 14

@KeithFrench The router is a Sagemcom.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

If you only want to use 52 - 64 then all TT dual band routers do, as these are the U-NII-2 Middle, most also support the Extended group from 100 - 140.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

@Debbie-TalkTalk No. I mean so I can access channels 52, 56, 60 and 64. I can only access these if my router has DFC and TPC enabled.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Yes, they do, whether they support the full range of U-NII-2 Extended may depend on which router you are talking about. Please note that not all devices support U-NII-2 Middle & Extended, as some network adapters do not include the DFS logic in them & if they don't, then they are not allowed to support channels 52 - 140.

Keith

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi NinjasUnite

Do you mean split the SSID's and connect to the 5ghz channel?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)