cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Assigning a new IP

flweir
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello

Every 6 months or so, my fibre broadband stops working. I go through the troubleshooting with the agent on chat, and it eventually gets resolved by assigning a new IP at Talk-Talk's end ("Upon checking here we successfully issued a new IP on your line, With this notification: The subscriber has successfully connected to the network. We are unable to identify any issues on this line.")

Is there an quicker way to get a new IP assigned? Does turning off the router for a while (how long?) give you a new IP? Or can I ask the agent to go straight to assigning a new IP without going through the 40 or so minutes of troubleshooting, checking my internal wiring  set-up etc.

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

many thanks Karl - with your help and the link i have found the right area and posted a new topic

have a good day

thanks again

dazza

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

dazza5152
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Sorry to post here but I could not find how to create a new topic anywhere?

My query is talktalk mail plus -i have my broadband with talktalk against a talktalk email address and mail plus which i pay an expensive £50 per year on a tinyonline email account - i need to update my mobile number to my new one - i have done it for my main talktalk broadband account but for some reason mail plus will not let me login and is trying to freeze me out even though my credentials are correct why is this please i just want to update my mobile number for my mail plus account but cant get logged in?

Apologies for interrupting your thread it is not intentional just desperate to start a new topic

thanks

dazza

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I'll answer in your first post.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes