cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

I think the IP I've been assigned is on a blacklist

BMChris
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

My external IP changes every couple of weeks, the last time being about 2 days ago. I think the one I've currently been assigned is on some kind of blacklist.

Most websites work fine, but I'm finding a few of the department store sites like Argos or John Lewis come up with 'You don't have permission to access "http://www.argos.co.uk/" on this server.'

This happens for every device connected to my router. If I turn off WiFi and use mobile data on my phone, it works fine, and also works fine if I'm on a different WiFi. It started the same time the IP changed (I know pretty much immediately when it changes, as I work from home and have to add the new one to a whitelist each time). 

Could I get a different IP? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Chris

Did you try the power down as advised by Keith ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If you suspect this, turn the router off for a minimum of 30 mins. When it all comes back up you should get a new WAN IP address. If on fibre, this is harder to get a new address, you may need to turn it off for longer, perhaps overnight.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?