cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

BroadBand connection suddenly spiking and dropping

NathanGray
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

Hi there, ever since yesterday I have noticed something quite out of the ordinary happening with our wifi connection. It has been fine for months and I would say close to perfect, but ever since yesterday it has been having these quick spikes kicking us off things that we are using and our MS on certain applications like discord going to over 5000.

I was just wanting to know if there's an issue going on in my area? or just in general as I cannot get onto the live chat to talk about the issue as it is telling me that all the Agents are busy. 

It is not just contained to one of my devices either, it seemingly effect's every device in the house at once during one of these spikes.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi Nathan

Apologies for this. Would you like me to order a returns bag with label today?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 32

The return bag has not arrived so I'm going to just send it back using the relevant information provided on the website.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 32

Been on talk talk support, they are sending us a new one for update 

👍

Nathan Gray

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 32

Unless you have a prepaid label from Talktalk, @NathanGray, you'll have to pay postage.

Better that staff send you one.

Screenshot_20221208-164209_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 32

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue.

There was no returns label left in the box, could we have the details to where to send the package to?

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Morning,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

Sorry for the delayed reply, we have packaged it ready for us to send out tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

Morning,

Yes please. Did you receive a router returns bag?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

Would you like us to package the other router with the materials provided and send it back?

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 32

After it tested after we got it, we have had 4 total days of up time with no issues so it has seemed to have fixed the problemm

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the stability of the connection has been over the weekend? 

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 14 of 32

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and we'll check back in with you on Monday to see how the stability has been.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Hi Karl, new router arrived.

I'm going to test it for a couple of days to see if the connection is any better.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 16 of 32

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Alright thanks, I'll let you guys know when it's arrived and connected up.

👍

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hi

OK, we can see if these warnings are clear in the logs of the new router.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Hi Karl, we are just waiting for the router to arrive, I'll definitely let you guys know how it fairs when it gets here.

Just following up on what could be the cause of the issue on our current one.

When the internet disconnects I usually go into the router settings to check the error logs.

The disconnection is always followed by this warning at the exact same time. Hoping the new router will fix it.

IMG_20221122_093921.png

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

Hi

Give us a nudge when the router has arrived and is connected and we can see how things look from here 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes