cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Constantly Disconnecting

GarryH1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Yesterday my broadband connection dropped out every 5 to 10 mins and this has continued today.  If I reboot the router the service resumes for a further 5 to 10 mins so I suspect this is an issue with the router.  The service status tests I have run suggest that the broadband service is ok but clearly there is a problem.  Is there a software update that I need because the router is constantly showing a white light as if everything is ok?

17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Morning,

Thank you 🙂 I'm also sending you a short survey via a PM.

Thanks

Message 2 of 18

Thanks Michelle, I’ll return the old router within the next few days.

Message 3 of 18

Morning,

I'm glad to hear that the connection is now working ok 🙂 As long as one of the routers is returned to us then this should be ok.

Thanks

Message 4 of 18

I have just noticed that the old router I have been asked to return does not have the same serial number that TalkTalk have quoted.  The number on the router I have is SN:N7202494N001363.  Is it ok for me to return that router or do you need to update your records first with correct serial number?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Karl

Just to confirm that the new router arrived and I am now back online with no issues.  I shall return the old router as requested.

Many thanks

Garry

Message 6 of 18

Hi

OK, Test with the new router when this arrives and let us know how it goes.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GarryH1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 18

Morning and thanks for your post.

Unfortunately I now have a constant flashing amber light on the router so no Wi-Fi at all. There appears to be a good service to the house so it looks like an issue with the router. I’ll know soon when the new router arrives. I have carried out all the usual checks etc and shut down everything including disconnecting and reconnecting leads.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi

I'm showing the dispatch yesterday 23rd, so delivery should be today or tomorrow.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Morning

No sign of the router yet. I was notified that it was going to be delivered yesterday but it didn’t arrive - hopefully today. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Morning,

How are you getting on? Has the router arrived?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Garry

I have ordered you a replacement router as I'm still having issues connecting to your router, apologies for this.

Please allow 48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi Garry

Do you have any other TalkTalk routers at the property?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Garry

Thank you. I will post back to confirm once the firmware has updated.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi Debbie

I’ve just done a factory reset

Message 15 of 18

Hi Garry

I'm struggling to connect to your router. Would it be ok to factory reset your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds? (I can then try and connect again)

Thanks

0 Likes

GarryH1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Morning

Yes I am happy for you to try a different version of the firmware and anytime this morning for the update would be great if that is possible.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Morning,

Thanks for creating a topic. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and I can see 1 re-connection on the line. We can try a different version of firmware but this may take up to 30 minutes to complete and the router cannot be rebooted or switched off during this time. Would you like us to update this for you and when would be the best time for you?

Thanks