cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband not working and the router is flashing amber

Shas333
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi there, just recently noticed very similar threads of malfunctioning routers flashing amber with disrupted broadband.

Would appreciate assistance please, thanks!

shas
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Shas333,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

There are information about leave in the following help article - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Chris, thank you for your response. Yes, that would be much appreciated. 

Could I also ask what my cancellation options are? You guys have been great but unfortunately this issue is taking rather long to resolve.

Many thanks for all your help

shas
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Shas333,

If you still have no connection then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit, If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

Message 4 of 17

Hi Debbie, I have done so now and turned off the main power, allowing it approximately 2 minutes before turning it back on. However the blinking amber persists.

shas
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Shas333

Thank you. Please can you connect the new router and microfilter directly at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Debbie, thank you for the response. I have managed to remove the lower section of the face plate. How should I proceed? Many thanks

shas

Message 7 of 17

Hi Shas333

This socket should have a test socket underneath the face plate.

If you gently squeeze the 2 clips on either side of the socket then the lower section of the face plate should come away.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Michelle, I'm unaware as I do not use the phone line service only for WiFi. And I don't believe I do have a test socket, it is a NTE-5C socket

shas
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, do you have a dial tone on the voice service? Does the main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Debbie,

I have yes, thank you. Unfortunately it continues to blink amber, and it is approaching 24 hours since start up. Would you be able to advice please?

shas
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Shas333

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Thank you! I will do 

shas

Message 14 of 17

Hi Shas333

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 17

Hi Debbie, thanks for the prompt reply

Yes please, a replacement router for testing would be much appreciated. Many thanks

shas

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Shas333

Thank you for creating a new thread.

The line test is clear - no faults detected. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Debbie

0 Likes