cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed.

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 53 of 53

My broadband speed has gone down from 62.Mbps to 48.Mpbs, approx. this drop in speed has been constant for well over a month. I think this is a deliberate way for TalkTalk to cut costs. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Regards William

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 41 of 53

No unfortunately.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 53

Any luck? Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 43 of 53

I have collected one or two micro-filters over the years but now I need one there is none to be found. 

0 Likes

Message 44 of 53

Your would need to connect the cable from the router to the test socket with a micro-filter, there should have been one provided with the router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 53

According to the guide, it's a NTE 5C MK 4. on the socket it says Master socket 5C, Openreach Mk4.

When I remove the faceplate the socket behind is not the same as the cable from the router.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 53

Could you take a look at the master socket guide and let me know which type of master socket you have

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 53

I don't think I do have a test socket after all. Sorry.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 53

Could you try connecting your router to the test socket and leave it there for at least 48 hours and we'll see if there's any improvement in disconnections and speed

Chris

0 Likes

Message 49 of 53

Yes I do have a test socket.

0 Likes

Message 50 of 53

OK thanks. Does your master socket have a test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 51 of 53

Thanks, Chris

Just one socket. telephone and router only.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 52 of 53

Hi William,

Sorry to hear that your speed has dropped,

Line test is picking up a potential issue and showing a lot of disconnection which has caused the line management system (DLM) to reduce the connection speed to improve stability 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) other than the router and one telephone?

Chris

0 Likes