cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

CONTRADICTORY MESSAGES FROM TALK TALK RE STATUS OF MY LINE CONNECTION

Fizzbin2000
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 55 of 55

I just ran a test on my connection as my internet has been poor lately - regularly turning off and needing to be rebooted using the modem box.

I received an e-mail from TALK TALK saying the test had been fine and they couldn't find any problems with the line.  Everythnig working as it should do etc.

On the TALK TALK web page - where I initiated the test on my line - I get a message saying " Please contact us.  We've found an issue with your connection and need to speak to you.  Please chat with us using the link below."  The link - of course - does not work.

What am I to make of this TALK TALK?  Please enlighten me - is my service running as it should or not?

0 Likes
54 REPLIES 54

Message 1 of 55

Hi

OK, thanks for letting me know. Glad the engineer was able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 55

Yes, thanks  - engineer attended and recommended that my master socket be moved so it was nearer my router.  So he did that and I am now getting  a better/faster download and upload speed.  22Mbps to my router whereas before it was 16Mbps.  Better to my device as well.

So pleased about that but wary if the work is going to be charged to me.

I will now need to contact Customer Services - as suggested - and get put on a better deal given my current contract expired five years ago.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 55

Hi Fizzbin2000

Has the engineer been out and has the connection now improved ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 55

Morning,

Ok thank you for confirming and we will check back in with you then to see how you are getting on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 55

Thanks - I have an engineer booked to attend my property on 3rd February so we will see if they can fix the fault.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 55

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with alternative routers then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

Message 7 of 55

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 19.09.35.png

 Still appalling....

0 Likes

Message 8 of 55

Morning,

How has your connection been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 55

OK thanks, just let us know if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit

Chris

Message 10 of 55

Yes, I think that is the case - unless the phones are also connected to the master socket I have no internet.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 55

Think I'll have to arrange for an engineer or - as I said - I am contemplating going without a landline phone and switching to mobile and I will get another device (plug in and play - no installation costs etc.) for my internet.

Let me think about it.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 55

So if you just have the router connected to the test socket and telephones disconnected, you have no internet connection?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 55

OK - have done that - almost.

When I disconnect the phone lines from the master socket I will lose my internet again.  They have to be plugged in for it to work.

Do you definitely want me to do that?  Then I will need to put them back in to get on the interet.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 55

Line test is still showing a potential fault, would you like us to arrange an engineer visit to investigate?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 55

OK, I'll run the test now and get back to you with the results

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 55

Unplug everything from the test socket including the router?  I'll need to plug it in back where it was in the original position otherwise I will have no internet.

OK?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 55

OK thanks, Could you unplug everything from the test socket and let me know when you've done this, I'll then run the line test again

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 55

I ran a speed test now with the router plugged directly into the master socket and the results are the same.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 55

I have done that now - router is plugged directly into master socket.  Shall I run another speed test?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 55
0 Likes