cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot refresh social apps on wifi

Gogs1974
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Social media apps won't refresh over wifi on my iphone - it's not the phone as i've just got a new one and have same problem - it's not controls on my phone contract as the apps work on 4g. It's not wifi in general as other with wifi providers I have no problem. I have no content controls switched on on my TalkTalk account, yet i have to switch to 4g to get these apps to work. The apps i know which are affected are snapchat and pinterest. Please advise how to fix this, it's been going on for weeks / months now, seemingly since around the time i was switched to full fibre broadband

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

No Problem 🙂

We are here when you need us. 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

thank you, i will bear this in mind. I have another route to go down first before i do that though as i am part of a market research group whereby i have another router between yours and my devices to collect usage data from me, and as yet i cannot rule out that it may be their equipment causing the issue, once they have been in contact, I will confirm either way on here

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for confirming and I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

yes, nothing has changed, still the same issue

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

How are you getting on? Did you have a chance to try the factory reset of the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi Gogs1974

Ok thanks for confirming.

Please can you try factory resetting the router (pin hole reset for ten seconds)

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

yes,  I've checked and it's off according to my settings. Youtube is another app not working

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Gogs1974

Have you checked to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

HomeSafe - An Overview

0 Likes