cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Congestion because of very slow upload speed

johnttjohn
Participant
Private Message
Message 34 of 34

Hello,

I am really struggling with broadband at our house. We get 10-18mbps download and ping c. 20ms, which isn't great, but workable. What really isn't working is the upload speed; it used to be just over 1mbps now it seems to be capped at 0.7mbps.

What possibly happens is that any sort of upload or backup blocks/congests all the bandwidth, so internet usage is not possible. This does impact stability.

Is there a way to improve this speed (can talktalk do it?)? Is there a minimum speed for upload (11.2 download is the contractual download minimum)?

Thank you, John

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update. I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

The engineer arrived the next day (in heat wave) and fixed it. I think we are getting 1mbps now. Thanks for your help, John

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Morning,

How are you getting on? Did the engineer arrive after your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

johnttjohn
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 34

BT openreach haven't arrived yet but the internet isn't working at all now.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi John

I have arranged the engineer visit for Monday 18/07 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

@Chris-TalkTalk, yes please schedule the engineer. All guidance has been followed as instructed. If there are any other steps you think I should follow please let me know (including testing with multiple devices and two ethernet cables directly to two different routers with two different splitters). John

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Thanks for answering the security questions, could you just confirm that you accept potential engineer charges and we'll book the engineer visit for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

@Chris-TalkTalk ,

Thanks completed the DM link.

Available Monday pm, Tuesday am/pm, not Wednesday/Thursday, Friday am/pm

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Hi johnttjohn,

Openreach don't guarantee upstream speeds but line test is picking up a potential issue and there appear to have been some disconnections over the last few days so we can arrange an engineer visit 

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk , new filter and no difference. I think we need an engineer. Thank you John

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Morning,

I've re-run the line test now which is still detecting a potential fault towards the property. Did you also change the cables and microfilter? If all testing has been completed at the test socket with the new router then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk , @Karl-TalkTalk , I hope you are well. Just to update you that unfortunately the router hasnt helped. Still getting an upload speed of barley over 0.7mbps (this evening upload speed is not breaching 12mbps). Set up is the same with test plug. Can you retest the line? Many thanks, John

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if the router has arrived and if there has been any improvement?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Hi John

Sorry for the delay, the router is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

johnttjohn
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 34

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Yes please. Let's try that. We haven't tested another router. Joh

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Have you ever tested with a different make and model of router? If not then I think we should send one for testing to see how the speed compares. We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

johnttjohn
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 34

@Michelle-TalkTalk , good morning. Yes it is still in the test socket. Thank you, John

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

Morning,

Thank you. I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see that the sync speed started to increase and then dropped again. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

johnttjohn
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 34

@Chris-TalkTalk - bump!

0 Likes

Message 20 of 34
0 Likes