cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection dropping out several times

DomTalk
Participant
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

Hi

it's been a few weeks now that I keep having issues with the connection (it keeps dropping out, to then reconnect a few minutes later). It keeps flashing the alternating yellow/white light for ages, my phone and computer says it's connected but there is no actual connection.
It happened this morning as well, and then again a few minutes ago...

I see that I am not the only one having this problem, but I really want to know how/when this is going to be fixed? As I need a solid connection to work.

Not sure if it's a line issue, or it's the router (about 3 years old)?

Thanks

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

Hi DomTalk

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the visit.

Please post back here to confirm once you have received the PM and completed the form.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 35

Hi Debbie

yes please, when would they come?

Message 23 of 35

Hi DomTalk

Apologies, we can only see replies directly on the Community and not an email reply.

If the connection is still dropping with the new router at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 35

The email notification address is No Reply, so nothing will ever come through that way.

You must always reply via the forum thread (or PM, if requested by staff).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 25 of 35

Hi Debbie

yes, I actually replied to you via email, but I see it didn't bring my message here. Anyway I got the new router and I've already planned the return of the old one for today.

That being said, I think that unfortunately the problem is still there, I also did a test through TalkTalk website "track my fault" and it says that in fact there is a problem in the line and they are now working on it, so hopefully it won't take long?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 35

Hi DomTalk

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 35

Hi DomTalk

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

Hi Debbie

sorry what do you mean by “test socket”? I’ve never touched the router since it’s been installed, so I assume it’s where it’s supposed to be?

Actually yes please, if you could send a replacement, that would be great. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 35

Hi DomTalk

Thank you.

The line test has detected a potential issue.

Is the router at the test socket at the moment? Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing first so we can rule this out causing any issues?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

Always start your own thread for this sort of support issue, @tinkerbell//40.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 31 of 35

Having the same issue with connection keeps dropping out.

Checked and no issues reported for my area.

Pressing on/off button on router manages to get back online, but why is this occurring so often?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

Hi Debbie, I've just added my number (or at least I think that's my number, according to my account, as I've never used the landline).
thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 35

Hi DomTalk

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 35

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?