cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection dropping out several times

DomTalk
Participant
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

Hi

it's been a few weeks now that I keep having issues with the connection (it keeps dropping out, to then reconnect a few minutes later). It keeps flashing the alternating yellow/white light for ages, my phone and computer says it's connected but there is no actual connection.
It happened this morning as well, and then again a few minutes ago...

I see that I am not the only one having this problem, but I really want to know how/when this is going to be fixed? As I need a solid connection to work.

Not sure if it's a line issue, or it's the router (about 3 years old)?

Thanks

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35
0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

I KNEW IT

do you remember when I told you that you would have tried to charge me for the engineer visit and you said no? well... YOU CHARGED ME! £75, in my latest bill.

Give me my money back! The issues was NOT related to the house and it ticked all the boxes to be a free of charge visit, as there actually was a fault (which has been fixed). So, you have NO RIGHT whatsoever to charge me for this.

Give me a refund right now! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow afternoon - November 28 2023, PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Wednesday I can do either morning or afternoon, then any other day this week I can only do afternoons.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

OK that fine. We won't be able to get an engineer visit for today, if tomorrow afternoon isn't available are you available later in the week?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

ok, I've tried again

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

I've sent you another PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Thanks

I've filled out the form again, please let me know if everything works now.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

I've PM'd you another link

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

I've replied to your PM, as I need a new link for the form to fill out again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

Hi Chris

unfortunately the situation got even worse, so I kind of have to now. So yes, let's go ahead please. I've already replied to Debbie's PM with all the details.
Either today in the afternoon or tomorrow afternoon would be ideal, but let me know what slots are available.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hi DomTalk,

If you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Hi Debbie

I've replied and sent you another private message,

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

If the router is faulty then we wouldn't charge you but as you've said, you've tested with two so it's unlikely to be the router. Sometime customers are charged in error but if you are charged and feel that you shouldn't have been then we can look into it and cancel the engineer charge if we feel that it is been applied incorrectly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

What I mean is that I've just changed the router, you sent me a new one, and the problem is still there, which means the router is not the problem, but in the article you sent me it says that you will not charge me if the problem is in the router, and as I said, we have already established that the router is not the problem.

Anyway I'm doing a research and I've already found quite a few people complaining on forums saying that you've charged them for the visit, even though the problem was in the router, or it was anyway not related to their actions/house.

So, for now, no thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

I think it's unlikely that the engineer won't find a fault as the connection is dropping and sync speed is low. Not sure what you mean about the router. I'm sorry but we can only book the engineer if your accept the potential engineer charges

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

I've read that article, and it says that I could potentially be charged even if "the engineer was unable to find a fault with your service during your visit", which means that the engineer could come, do/find nothing, leave, and charge me £75.

Besides, it also says that "We won’t charge you if the fault is caused by a TalkTalk router" and we have already established that the router is not the problem here, so it looks even more likely that you will charge me.

I don't really like the idea of being charged £75 for nothing, so no, this doesn't sound right.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi DomTalk,

Please see the following help article, it explains when you will and won't be charged. Generally if the fault is found on on the line external to your property then you won't be charged - Engineers charges

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

I've read the message and it asks me to accept any possible charges from the visit? I do NOT accept to pay anything, I thought you were supposed to fix the problem without me paying for it, considering it's not my fault this happened?

0 Likes