cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W. SSID starting to randomly disappear.

Pickus
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi, My router is currently an EchoLife DG8041W HW=I.1.01 SV=v1.06t and has been performing adequately for the past number of weeks/months. These last few days the router has been randomly dropping SSID. Only way to get it back is to reboot. I decided that maybe a full reset was in order but the symptons are creeping back. I've run out of ideas. Any help would be most appreciated. Steve

Steve Harper
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Many thanks for the replacement router. The new one has been in this past week and does indeed seem much more stable and, as a bonus, has bumped up my speeds: D/L from 36 Mbs to 57 Mbs, U/L from 5 Mbs to 8 Mbs so an even better result. 

Regards

Steve 

Steve Harper
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Steve

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Pickus
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk , 

Yes please, another router to test may help to further diagnose what is going on.

Regards

Steve

Steve Harper

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which is clear. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Ok, if you are having issues with both bands then it is unlikely to be a Wi-Fi channel interference issue. If a factory reset has not helped then it is possible a fault is developing with the router. The support team here will be able to pick this up tomorrow, if they did think the router itself was at fault they would be able to arrange a replacement for you.

Do you have any devices connected via Ethernet, if so do you see any issues with those ?

0 Likes

Pickus
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Skynet_TX 

Both are affected. The router disappears from view like it's hidden. I've tried both same SSID for both bands and even used different SSIDs for each. The change works for a bit then I either get the 5Ghz disconnects or both SSIDs disappear. It's really bizarre and only started this past week...

Steve Harper
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Pickus,

Is this affecting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time ?

If it is only affecting one of those bands have you tried changing the Wi-Fi channel, just to see if that makes any difference.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes