cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W frequent resets

KimJongIl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

My DG8041W reboots several times a day with the following error in the logs:

[Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: [0], Terminal:OTHER

I had a similar issue with this router before and one of the engineers here sorted it for me, could you please assist? Thank you.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

HI KimJongIl

Ahh thank you for your kind words, it's appreciated 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

Message 2 of 15

Thanks again for your help. I've got to say that this forum is the best way to deal with customer support I've ever experienced, I wish more companies would do it rather than waiting for ages for someone to answer the phone just to be asked the same questions for the 10th time. I've been with TalkTalk for over a decade and couldn't be happier.

Message 3 of 15

Hi KimJongIl

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you can split the SSID's on this router. I have this router (Sagemcom) and I've done the same for my ring door bell and printer.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Message 4 of 15

Does the Sagemcom support both 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks at the same time? I have a Ring doorbell and Canon ProgGraf 300 printer, both don't have 5GHz support. If so, I'm happy to give it a try. 🙂

Message 5 of 15

Hi Debbie, sorry for late reply, but yes the FW downgrade helped, I'm back to v. 1.05t and the current uptime is 1d 12hrs, so it's promising. The odd thing is that I couldn't log in to the router at first, I was using the correct password but it kept locking me out. The login page wouldn't redirect to https:// correctly, instead kept reloading back to http:// each time I typed the password and lock out. It must be some weird quirk of this old firmware.

Is it going to get a lower version update at some point, since 1.0.8 caused this issue? Or if you prefer, please post the replacement router, this one must be 6 years old or older so perhaps it's just had enough.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi KimJongIl

I think we will need to swap your router to a Sagemcom WIFI hub, are you happy for me to arrange this?

Message 7 of 15

Hi KimJongIl

How was the connection last night?

Message 8 of 15

Hi KimJongIl

Our Devices Team are making a change to your firmware shortly and I will check in again with you tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Message 9 of 15

Hello,

Apologies, we're hoping to receive an update shortly so we will keep you updated.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 10 of 15

Hi Debbie, thanks for the quick response, It's been a bit of a nuisance for my wife who works from home and relies on the internet a lot. Hopefully it's an easy fix for your team. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi KimJongIl

I'm really sorry about this.

I have escalated this to our Devices Team and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Message 12 of 15

Aye, that'll be it.

KimJongIl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thanks, I just noticed I'm running  v1.08t and I'm pretty sure it was 1.06 the last time I looked. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

There has been a recent firmware upgrade to this router which seems to have gone awry. TalkTalk are aware and should be able to fix it for you, bear in mind though that the support team here won't be back online until Monday.