cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DNS Problem

Polo55
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have a Sagemcom router (hardware version FAST 5364, software version SG4K10002816t) that we got in September when we switched to Superfast Fibre. It keeps experiencing DNS issues and drops off multiple times a day. I've tried switching to Google's DNS servers, and this hasn't helped. I have to restart to get it working again.

I've seen on other posts that this version of the router and firmware are to blame, would it be possible to get an alternative router please? Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Ok. I'd recommend contacting our Future Fibre Team directly via Live Chat so they can look into this further for you. I've included a Help Guide below which has a link to Live Chat at the bottom of the page.

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Michelle, no this is the only contact I've had.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

Just to confirm, have you been in contact with the Future Fibre Team directly?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi sorry about the delay. I've tried using the sagecom router on its own, the eero on its own, and both connected to each other. I keep having the same problem. It causes my work laptop to disconnect randomly throughout the day. It uses a piece of software called 'GlobalProtect' which keeps cutting off. My work IT has tried everything they can with the laptop and have said that when someone had a similar problem with my model of router, getting an alternative router solved the problem. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I see you are an FTTP customer , do you not have the eero connected first or are you still using the previous Sagemcom Router ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Polo55
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

That should be it now, thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

Can you add the home phone number rather than the mobile so I can locate your account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Polo55
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl - that's it added, Thanks!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes