cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

EchoLife DG8041W

lindleypoolman1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi Guys

I have an EchoLife DG8041W. I am having regular resets and have come across these entries in the logs. [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER. I have read there is an updated firmware to resolve this. Current one is 1.05t. Please help.

CL
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

Glad our team was able to help.

Regards,

Kar

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Seems to have resolved the problem Debbie. No more unexpected reboots!

CL

Message 3 of 12

Hi lindleypoolman1

How are you getting on, how has the connection been?

Message 4 of 12

Hi lindleypoolman1

That's great, thank you 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

No further errors recorded in the log up to press. Will let you know next week if it reboots unintentionally.

CL

Message 6 of 12

Hi lindleypoolman1

How are you getting on, how has the connection been?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi lindleypoolman1

Thank you and sorry for the delay.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Sure can, thank you for your help Debbie.

CL

Message 9 of 12

Hi lindleypoolman1

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

lindleypoolman1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Thank you Keith, much appreciated. 

CL

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Yes, you need V1.06 to fix this. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and upgrade it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?