cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Eero and 500mbs package

Richjcave
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I’ve just upgraded to 500 mbs on a Eero pro6. When it first went live I could measure 500+ mbs anywhere in the home. 24 hrs later I’m down to 135mbs and the router is hot. I am definitely getting 500mbs to the house. 3 bedroom detached with about upto 10 devices on it. Even testing within a meter of the eero I’m seeing 130 to 150mbs tops. I was sold this package as 1500 sir foot upto 75 devices and it will future proof my home, but it’s not much better than my old router and 65 package. They say adding extra Eeros will solve the problem, but I don’t want to throw more money at this if it won’t work. Anybody have any ideas? I have spent 3 hrs on live chat to 4 different agents at Talktalk tonight and I’m getting nowhere fast

79E12272-B619-4E9C-8EED-F800B59EC8EE.png
Rich
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out and to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for your response Keith. It’s strange TalkTalk are. Blaming my 3 bed property for the slow speed. But I was measuring 500+ when it first went live. Now they say more Eeros will solve it. But I’m getting brilliant coverage throughout the home. It never varies between directly in front of the router and the furthest point away. It just the speed is 135- 140 throughout the house. I’ve been sold a package that i cannot use to its full potential and I’m just being told I need to spend more money. I possibly would if I thought it would solve the issue.

Rich
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi it is very warm compared to my older routers, which got hot as well before they died. I was getting 500mbs but it’s dropped the warmer the router has got

As you can see I was getting 500mbsAs you can see I was getting 500mbs

Rich
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Richjcave,

Could I just ask, is the router hot to the touch at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I guess it depends on how hot is hot? I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes