cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ethernet ports on new router stopped working

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 104 of 104

HI there evrybody

today the router developed an issue with the new sagem router after over a week of everything being fine.

I can only now connect to the router wirelessly, ive reset numerous times ive contacted support numerous times with no resolution to the problem.  Over the last  few months ive been suffering from daily drop outs where the internet completely fails. constant ongoing issues that are simply not being resolved. There is also a line fault that has been running a couple of days but thats only one instance in a long line of service failures.

Can someone help as im at my wits end and getting no further with sorting the issue.

0 Likes
103 REPLIES 103

Message 81 of 104

Hi ya chris yes an engineer, i think is a positive next step. could i leave that with you to arrange?

0 Likes

Message 82 of 104

OK thanks. If there's crackling on the line then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this first as it could be causing the broadband issue - would you like us to do this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 83 of 104

i have one phone socket and the router is conected into the front of that. Talk talk engineer fitted it a few weeks back. so grey cable into one side and phone into the other. not conected into the test socket behind the plastic front? tried that before and still dropped out

0 Likes

Message 84 of 104

OK thanks, is the router currently connected to the test socket? How many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 85 of 104

Morning chris unfortunately not. This issue has now been ongoing for a few years with periods where its run great then periods where nobody has been able to sort the speed and stability issue!! i think it was about 18 months ago an open reach engineer went into the cabinet at the end of my street and said he had found a faulty joint which he reported back to me saying he had sorted the joint and was ok for about 12 months then started with disconections and speed drops intermitant stability? sorry i digress usually the router light stays white when its gone down before

0 Likes

Message 86 of 104

Hi mockingbird,

Did you notice if the light changed on your router when the connection dropped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 87 of 104

8.32 am this morning and started to drop out again this time lasted one minute ?

0 Likes

Message 88 of 104

Good morning debbie

As promised before the weekend an update on where i am with the issues surrounding my acount.

So the new router arrived saturday installed and working as expeted as is the ethernet ports.

unfortunately other issues are still enduring and need further investigation.

Ok so all day saturday and sunday drop outs of the conection where happening virtually every hour even with the new router installed.

varying from 10 seconds to 2 minutes where there was no conection to the net via ethernt conection or wifi. when the net was up the

speed was struggling at around 30-33 meg garanteed on my acount at 38meg  even though its a 65 meg conection.

I tried a spare phone into the test socket dialing tone present didnt find anything wrong at that time although does have periods

where when someone calls in they complain about crackling on the line?

I checked the acount and still says there is an ongoing connection fault that is still being worked on ?

So in short there still seems to be a stability issue present on my line and think it need further investigation by an engineer

Screenshot (24).pngScreenshot (25).png
0 Likes

Message 89 of 104

Hi mockingbird72

Ahh no problem 🙂

Have a good weekend.

Debbie

0 Likes

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 90 of 104

I will send an update monday and take it from there  and thank you for your kindness and swift responses .

Message 91 of 104

Hi mockingbird72

Ok no problem. You should receive a text message in regards to the router delivery.

I will check in again with you on Monday.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 92 of 104

I will see how the line is over the weekend and try a spare phone into the test socket by removing the cover and will come back to you monday . will i recieve an email regarding the delivery of the new router ?

Message 93 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmediauk

If the noise on the line is still present with a different phone at the test socket then I can arrange an engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 94 of 104

sometimes the line gets noisey then other times its ok . i had these issues about 2 years ago and came down to a faulty conection in the local bt box !! Could it be the same thing again? i also had a new wall socket fitted by a representative of talk talk a few weeks back too.

0 Likes

Message 95 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmediauk

Are you experiencing issues with the landline when making calls?

0 Likes

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 96 of 104

hi debbie my acount page says there is an outstanding issue with the phone line and the fault is still ongoing.

0 Likes

Message 97 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmediauk

In regards to the fault, the line tests are clear - No faults detected.

If the connection is still dropping with the new router (at the test socket) then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 98 of 104

Thanks debbie much appreciated. i will send the other 2 back on receipt of the new router ! is there any update on my open case ? the stability of the conection seems to be very hit and miss at present. seems very strange that the 2 super hubs i have neither seem to have working ethernet ports?

0 Likes

Message 99 of 104

HI mockingbirdmediauk

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 100 of 104

Good morning michelle thank you for your speedy reply just to confirm i have indeed tried to reset the router on numerous occasions via the little reset button the back of the router. a new router might be a good idea to start with. Although i still have an ongoing line fault that seems to be baffling everyone. I still have the old router and tried that last night and whilst the routers wi fi was working the ethernet ports was not which i find baffling. Please advise what info you need from me and will take it from there. And thank you once again for your kindness

0 Likes