cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ethernet ports on new router stopped working

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 104 of 104

HI there evrybody

today the router developed an issue with the new sagem router after over a week of everything being fine.

I can only now connect to the router wirelessly, ive reset numerous times ive contacted support numerous times with no resolution to the problem.  Over the last  few months ive been suffering from daily drop outs where the internet completely fails. constant ongoing issues that are simply not being resolved. There is also a line fault that has been running a couple of days but thats only one instance in a long line of service failures.

Can someone help as im at my wits end and getting no further with sorting the issue.

0 Likes
103 REPLIES 103

Message 61 of 104

I was at home all day and no engineer came to this house, the engineer is lying. Maybe the engineer went to the wrong house as he/she didnt come here. I want to make a claim for non attendance and a formal complaint. If they lie about attending a property what else are they lieing about ? as a customer im disgusted with having to wait in all day with no engineer attending then lieing saying they had been ? can you find out which property they attended and make a complaint. as a side note if theyve been to the wrong property they may have also fixed someone elses system ? i despair

0 Likes

Message 62 of 104

Hi

OK, I've checked the openreach notes and they say that access was refused customer had no knowledge of visit.

All tests are passing so the only option is to book out a broadband engineer.

Would you like to progress with this?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 63 of 104

yes karl powered it down for about an hour last night

0 Likes

Message 64 of 104

Hi

did you power off the router for 30 minutes to reset the session ?

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 65 of 104

Hi ya karl good morning speed as below no change from yesterday no comms from talk talk as to what the engineer actually did. One thing for sure is the engineer never attended my property as arranged and had to move around lots of appointments and a days work waiting for the engineer. Im now resigned to never getting the slow speeds fixed. whatever your sync speed is on  the system its nowehere near what im getting. wired stright into the router

Screenshot (27).png

0 Likes

Message 66 of 104

Hi

sync speed is showing as 64mb, what wired speeds are you seeing now?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 67 of 104

No worries, not taken personally at all, I understand that the lack of information is frustrating. 

Message 68 of 104

Sorry for sounding annoyed ferguson not personal and thank you for your input  just peeved at the lack of information sharing

Message 69 of 104

OK, wait for the support team to pick this up again. They can check if the engineer did anything and whether a visit to your home was required. If not, you will be entitled to compensation for a missed appointment. 

0 Likes

Message 70 of 104

whilst that indeed may be the case and the engineer visited the cabinet how does the engineer know the conection between my property and the cabinet is ok without testing it ! I was told the engineer would visit the property and had to put off very important appointments to be home ? can i charge openreach £75 for not keeping there appointment. Very poor info sharing between the isp and the customer. just checked the phone and cvant tell if its been fixed or not as the original issue was intermitant ?

0 Likes

Message 71 of 104

It is possible that the engineer visited the cabinet and resolved an issue there, which is way I asked about the crackling on the line. 

0 Likes

Message 72 of 104

Will resetting thr router start to deliver the promised speed on the acount ? the crackling line was only one of the issues that required attention hence the openreach appointment that they didnt bother to attend? i will turn off the router for 30 minutes see if that makes any difference, but would like an explanation as to why an appointment was made and nobody showed not even a courtecy call from the engineer. absolutely no information thats the facts

0 Likes

Message 73 of 104

Has the crackling on the line gone? Try switching off the router for a full 30 minutes before turning it back on again, this will allow the session to reset. Let us know if that helps, or not. 

0 Likes

Message 74 of 104

So i waited in all day for the booked openreach to honour his/her appointment ? never showed up? so waited at home for nothing ? The appointment was for an engineer to attend my property talk talk now  saying the fault has been fixed even though no openreach engineer has attended. Issues still persisting with below the promised speed of 38 meg on a 65 meg conection? used live chat to try to get some info as to what was happening with my fault, no information forthcoming? Can a staff member please get intouch and tell me what i need to do from here to get even the basic of service im paying for. All ive had for the last few months is stress chasing talk talk around. One saving grace is the staff on this forum are very good. Even so im still struggling getting the promised service.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 18-36-05 speedtest - Google Search.png
0 Likes

Message 75 of 104

Much appreciated chris, hopefully the engineer finds out whats going on . 5 drop outs today so far all over a minute then comes back online again.

0 Likes

Message 76 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia,

I've booked the earliest appointment available - May 24 2023, PM (1pm-6pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 77 of 104

ive heard it with both inbound and outbound calls. from various people. The broadband stability and speed is the main issue.

0 Likes

Message 78 of 104

Thanks for that. Just to confirm, do you hear crackling on the line or is just the person on the other end that can hear the crackling?

Have multiple people said that they can hear crackling?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 79 of 104

All the above details required are now up to date.

0 Likes

Message 80 of 104

I'll just need to confirm some details with you. Can you first of all update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

Can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes