cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ethernet ports on new router stopped working

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 104 of 104

HI there evrybody

today the router developed an issue with the new sagem router after over a week of everything being fine.

I can only now connect to the router wirelessly, ive reset numerous times ive contacted support numerous times with no resolution to the problem.  Over the last  few months ive been suffering from daily drop outs where the internet completely fails. constant ongoing issues that are simply not being resolved. There is also a line fault that has been running a couple of days but thats only one instance in a long line of service failures.

Can someone help as im at my wits end and getting no further with sorting the issue.

0 Likes
103 REPLIES 103

Message 41 of 104

@mockingbirdmedia, it does sound as though the engineer went to the wrong place that time.

Post in the billing section about this  - effectively, as far as you were concerned, the engineer did not show up and you had no warning. 

Arne will be able to look into that for you. It may qualify for compensation, but it's not reflective of your wasted time!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 42 of 104

As always debbie your on the ball and yes i would like your collegue to look into this for me.

please advise of any further info you and your team require?

0 Likes

Message 43 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

I'm so sorry to hear this.

My colleague Arne can take a look at the charge in this billing section, will this be ok?

Arne can investigate and raise to our auto compensation team.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 104

Thank you debbie

So a couple of things relating to this ongoing issue.

firstly i will of course keep you updated as to how the connection fairs over the next few days and whether i suffer any disconnections.

secondly i want to make a full formal complaint for the non attendance of the first appointment from open reach not attending my property and lieing saying they had and subsiquently charging me £75 as per the bill for that pleasure. I want to make a claim for that money back for my time lost for waiting in all day. Can you please advise how i can make a claim please. There was an obvious issue at the exchange as the speed imporoved so would like to know why ive been charged?

0 Likes

Message 45 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

Thank you 🙂

I've now connected to your router and updated the firmware to the latest version.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 46 of 104

Router now reset 

0 Likes

Message 47 of 104

Hi ya Debbie I’m out of the house at present and will reset the router when I get home is that ok ! Is there a reason you can’t log in ? 

0 Likes

Message 48 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

Apologies, I'm unable to connect to your router, please can you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 49 of 104

Hi ya michelle during the disconnects the light on the router stays white checked twice last night.

the reboots i know about there was a problem with my security cameras system but has been workin ok since.

whats puzzling me when it disconnects i cant comunicate with the router via either a wired or wifi conection ? surely if the connection was down i would still be able to bring up the routers admin page? 192.168.1.1 Then when it all comes back online i can log into the admin page as normal.

0 Likes

Message 50 of 104

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test again now which is clear but I can see 2 re-connections in the last 5 days. Do you have to reboot the router to re-connect again? Did you notice if any of the lights changed on the router when this happens?

Thanks

Message 51 of 104

Morning michelle

Still having disconects periodically but not as frequent as previousley reported.

Speed is back to around normal at 57 down and 17 up.

when  the system disconects i cant comunicate with the router either wired or by wifi when the system goes offline i try to connect both ways to the router via the admon page and nothing comes up on the web browser?

Every time i run a line test its shows theres a line fault.

I think it was chris who asked me to keep a log sho he can check the disconnects my end with the logs on openreach can give times of the disconnects and downtimes if needed.

Screenshot (29).png
0 Likes

Message 52 of 104

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 53 of 104

hi ya karl first one of the day 12.58 pm lasted 4 minutes. i will contine to make notes and come back to you

0 Likes

Message 54 of 104

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 104

Yes of course, i will make note of when it drops the time and for how long, but its very hit and miss when it happens, the speed seems to be stablising at present but not holding my breath! currently at 58 meg down and 17 meg up. will come back to this thread in a few days

0 Likes

Message 56 of 104

Hi

If the drops in the connection are still occurring it may need to be another engineer, however, lets hold off on that at the moment.  Over the next few days, can you make a note of the date and time of the drops, and I will then pull the Openreach DLM network data reports for those days and see if I can see any error spikes around those times.  This may give a clue as to what is happening, and if we then progress to an engineer, I'll send you the details so you can point out the errors to the engineer if required.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 104

hi ya karl

Drop outs still happening not sure what avenue to go down to get a service that doesnt disconect all the time.

Engineer visited on friday and did the tests didnt give me any feedback and seemed dissinterested in comunicating rather getting his opinions across as to why i wasnt conected to the full fibre that is on the pole outside the house. then said he was going to check a few things via computer in the exchange. Ive given up, and think at the end of the contract im thinking of going elsewhere.

0 Likes

Message 58 of 104

Hi

engineer booked for friday 25 PM (1-6),

Check back in with me after the visit so I can follow up with openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 59 of 104

Yes please karl lets see if they turn up this time.

0 Likes

Message 60 of 104

Hi

I cant tell what property they visited as your address is the only one on the booking. The notes do say they attended the local network / cabinet to check.

Would you like to book a broadband engineer so that we can progress the fault.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes