cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ethernet ports on new router stopped working

mockingbird72
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 104 of 104

HI there evrybody

today the router developed an issue with the new sagem router after over a week of everything being fine.

I can only now connect to the router wirelessly, ive reset numerous times ive contacted support numerous times with no resolution to the problem.  Over the last  few months ive been suffering from daily drop outs where the internet completely fails. constant ongoing issues that are simply not being resolved. There is also a line fault that has been running a couple of days but thats only one instance in a long line of service failures.

Can someone help as im at my wits end and getting no further with sorting the issue.

0 Likes
103 REPLIES 103

Message 21 of 104

Hi michelle

Thanks for the super fast response would a newly sent router have the previous firmware version as i had lots of drop outs on the previoius firmware version including the ethernet ports not working corectly although unsure if firmware related. i suppose testing another router wouldnt hurt ? would it come pre loaded with the newest firmware update?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 104

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Your router currently has the latest version of firmware. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 104

Hi michelle as far as i know ive only had trouble with this router when it comes to having to reboot the router to get the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands started again. Ps sorry for the late reply. Could it be a router issue?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 104

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. And the same thing has happened on 2 different routers?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 104

Hi michelle good morning ! its happened a few times where i cant connect to either the 2.4 ghz or the 5ghz wi fi bands. then a reboot sorts it! Im currently only using the 5ghz band and have disabled the 2.4ghz band as all my devices can work on the higher band. One thing i have noticed is that if i disconect a band in the router settings its near impossible to restart it without doing a full router reset? This morning at present all is working ok so just monitoring the system at present.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 104

Morning,

I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware. How often is this happening?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 104

hi ya chris the 3 reconnections were instigated by myself as i couldnt connect to my 5ghz wi fi as soon as i reset it they both came online again. 2.4ghz and the 5ghz bands Are these routers refurbished or new from the manufacturers?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia,

There are three reconnections showing on the 16th and one on the 17th, looks to have been OK since. Does this sound about right?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 104

hi there debbie still dropping out like before after a few days of being ok. i have other issues that seem to be strange within the router logs and will start a new thread.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 104

Will do debbie and thanks again.

Message 32 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

Thanks for your reply and I'm glad to hear that the stability has improved.

You are very welcome 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please post back here to let us know.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 33 of 104

The stability seems to have improved and the speed seems to have returned. Just one drop out yesterday for about a minute then came back on, so whilst theres a massive improvement in the service im still keeping one eye on any futher developing issues with my home system. Further to that i would like to thank you for the ongoing support with my issues.

Message 34 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

How's the connection been since the firmware update?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 35 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

Thank you. I will check in again with you in a few days to see how the connection has been following the firmware update.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 37 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

Yes please.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 38 of 104

do you mean repost post 61 over on the link you sent?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 104

Hi mockingbirdmedia

If you post your last comment in a post here Billing - TalkTalk Help & Support Arne can take a look for you.

Sorry again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 40 of 104

I feel very agrieved by not only the no show on the first appointment with no warning and having to put off lots of important things, also the time the engineer did come he spent telling me he couldnt believe why i wasnt on full fibre making me feel less than worthy of his presence shall we say. anyway i digress, debbie with her collegue arne will no doubt get to the bottom of the issues. The engineer had writen on the report he came to the house and i refused entry not knowing about the fault ?

0 Likes