cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

FIBRE 65 - RECENT LOCAL OUTAGE OF TELEPHONE AND BROADBAND

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

Thursday morning both the phone line and broadband lost connectivity. I later found out this impacted the local area and not just myself as three Openreach engineers were working on the box five minutes from the house.

Why has our profile changed from the fibre 65 package to the lower available fibre 35 package? It was working great until the outage in the area occurred on Thursday that knocked out the telephone and broadband service.

The upload and download are now stuck. I've tried twice shutting off for 20-30 minutes as I have been told in the passed when problems arise.  I now see the noise margin is way higher than it was before the area outage.

TalkTalk fault tracker still shows This fault is still in progress. We are working to get this resolved for you. However this was created while the phone line and broadband were disconnected and both are now connected and working. Just the broadband speeds are not where they should be and must be restored to what they were before the area outage happened.

Earlier unsure why but this morning the connection was lost this isn't normal behavior and never happened during day time hours and when it did happen it was overnight and many week  apart.

Is this because the Openreach ticket is still open and the engineers are at work on this? 

After this the speed still has not restored pre-localized outage.

After this I had switched off my modem while I go out for a walk which will result in a 40 minutes off time in the hope speed would have reset and increase my speed back to where it was before the local area outage. However nothing changed after doing this today.

On the Speed to your router page it still reports 51Mbps today, however I am only getting 40Mbps appearing on the modem statistics page.

Before the outage it was peaking at 53Mbps and I was getting a download speed-test of 48.3Mbps now I am getting a speed-test of 38.1Mbps

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 21 of 32

I have had one of these emails on Thursday and another two at the same time today:

Hello,
We're very sorry you've had a problem with your broadband service. An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust.
We'll keep an eye on your service and if the problem happens again we'll let you know what we're doing to fix it.
We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you're having any further issues, please visit Service Centre where you can live chat to one of the team.
Your TalkTalk team

Please can you check if the Openreach status has again changed following these two emails that arrived 35 and 36 minutes ago, thank you.

These three emails are identical and first was Thursday 17 February 1:31pm the two arrived today both at 1:22pm all with the exact same message.

However I have noticed the TalkTalk line checker no longer redirects me to the existing fault. 

So a few days has been four already, how long is a few really defined as?

Should I now that I have had that email today again, should I switch off for 30 minutes and see if anything has changed?

0 Likes

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 22 of 32

Please explain why Speed to your router on the TalkTalk dashboard displays 51Mbps and 50Mbps over the 19th and 20th Feb, the weekend just gone I assume that is the synch speed but the speed displayed on the modem is 40Mbits.

Also on the check your speed page the speed to your router does not match with the speed to your device why are these two very different outcomes of 49Mbps vs 37 Mbps.?

I really would like to know why this does not match up, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Hi

Your current speed is 40 down and 10mb up. This is not something we are able to increase as their is an active fault logged with Openreach and DLM may also be responding to the current fault condition.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 24 of 32

Please check my line sync speed.

Also if I rapidly switch off and on and do some restarts will this change the DLM because it will then see an unstable connection and adjust. 

I just need to increase my upload speed because of work that I have tomorrow and Friday and the upload speed of 10Mbits is not enough to maintain what is required.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Hi

We are unable to reset DLM for fibre lines, this can only be done via the Openreach engineer. As this is in hand with Openreach currently, we cannot action this further.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 26 of 32

When will the SLA expire?

This speed has been the same since Thursday before storm, is there nothing that can be tried in the mean time such as DLM reset this is something that used to be run in the distant past to reset the connection. As it is clearly stuck when the TalkTalk dashboard shows 51Mbits delivery even today. However the modem only seeing 40 Mbits shows between the modem and delivery a change needs to take place.

However all I am seeing is Openreach being used as a defense to not not provide the speed we had before Thursdays morning local outage and because we are above the minimum guarantee it appears no one is interested in getting our speeds back to what they were before the outage event had occurred. Again I fail to see the speeds we've had since Thursday afternoon has got to do with Eunice, had the speeds changed on Friday I could fully appreciate that but since this is not the case I fail to see what this has to do with that storm.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Hi

I do appreciate that this may have occurred before the Storms, but with recent storm damage across the area, this has now been linked to outages in the area that are also causing issues.

as the current fault logged with Openreach is within their SLA we are unable to chase further until this is outside their agreed SLA.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 28 of 32

I hope you can appreciate that this occurred before the storm impacted West London and the speed has been the same since then. The box that was being worked on Thursday has not since been storm damaged as a result of Fridays Eunice storm. I am unsure what any storm has even got to do with this as the outage was before Eunice had even developed over the Atlantic. This is why I am struggling to understand why the speeds are limited to 40Mbits down and 10Mbits up however the TalkTalk dashboard says it is delivering 51Mbits. Please investigate and action something outside of what Openreach is telling you clearly is not a result of Eunice.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 32

Hi

The latest information on the fault ticket from today is that this is related to an Openreach infrastructure event (outage) relating to storm damage.

As the fault ticket is within SLA with Openreach we are unable to chase this further until this is out of SLA.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 30 of 32

I would appreciate if this was followed up with Openreach to find out what exactly it is that is remaining to be completed with the work. We've had our phone line and broadband restored Thursday afternoon, four days since and the only problem we can see is that the speed is not what it was before the outage.

All I keep being told now is Openreach is still working on it, but I can not see what it is they are doing. They closed the site that they were working on since Thursday as all the engineering equipment has cleared the site including the traffic lights and other such equipment.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 31 of 32

Hi

The fault is still in hand with Openreach.  I can see you are in contact with my Colleagues via Twitter today and they have picked this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes