cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fault Report - Frequent Disconnections

BritSparky2
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I recently requested a replacement router for one of my properties ( details in private notes ) which I thought would cure WiFi connection issues my tenants were experiencing.

Unfortunately the fault goes deeper than that, I went to the property this morning after a complaint of no internet. The middle two lights on the Openreach GFAST box were not lit. According to the tenant who lives in that room he has to reboot the GFAST box every two or three days to get the internet back. I've just performed a line test via your website which showed no fault present, presumably because the internet is now working after I've rebooted the BT box. For the avoidance of doubt the light on the TT router stays solid orange as it should when there's no internet, but turns blue when the Openreach box is rebooted and all the relevant green lights appear. I have tried using different cables from the BT box to the phone socket (The latest V5 I think) to no avail. Could an OCE please look into / file a fault report please.

I realise they don't work weekends.

Thanks in advance.

Vicky

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Vicky

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

BritSparky2
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

The Engineer attended and diagnosed a faulty power supply for the GFAST modem, they changed it and all seems well so far. He did say that the power supply issue seems to be a common problem.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Message 3 of 8

Hi Vicky

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 01/06 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

There shouldn't be any charges but I understand you have to ask, so yes I confirm acceptance.

I've passed the verification, could I have an afternoon appointment please.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Vicky

If the fault is with the Openreach modem then no charges should be applied as this is Openreach maintained equipment.

Further information can be found here Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Yes please. Presumably there's no charge for the visit as the fault is on the line itself or with the GFAST box?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Vicky

Thanks for your reply.

If the Openreach modem is faulty then we will need to arrange an engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this for you?

0 Likes