cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fibre Broadband to New-Build with ONT Box

bunnonthebass
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Morning folks,

We're currently on a Talktalk Full Fibre 900 contract, and are about to move to a new-build property with a pre-installed Openreach ONT box.  I've spoken to the customer care team and made arrangements for our contract to be transferred to the new property.

Now, they're telling me our go-live date is 9th September, and this is because of their third-party availability (presumably Openreach).  I tried to explain that there is a live ONT box already at the property, which has green lights showing, so should surely be capable of taking a connection if Talktalk were to flick the ON switch.

Is there something that needs to be done requiring a visit by an engineer that means we won't have a connection until 9th September, or are the people I've spoken to just getting the wrong end of the stick?

TIA

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hey Adam,

I've just seen your post and I'm really glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi

That's great news, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi Michelle,

We are finally up and running!  The Openreach engineer determined that it was an issue with the type of ONT box installed, so has switched this out for another one.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Kind regards,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Afternoon Adam,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Thanks Adam. The engineer should be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk,

Appreciate your persistence with this. Fingers crossed for the engineer today!

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hello again,

This has been checked by our team and they have confirmed that they can't resolve this remotely and that the engineer should be able to fix this today. I'll check back in with you this afternoon to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Morning,

Apologies, I'm still awaiting an update so I will chase them again.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

No problem. I've asked our Escalations Team to have a look and I'll post back here as soon as they come back to me.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Thank you so much.

As it stands, we have an openreach engineer booked to visit tomorrow. If there is anything you can do in the meantime, however, that would be amazing.

The eero is showing the blue light, but just won't connect. I've tried with both eeros, various ethernet cables, and still no joy.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hello,

I'm currently looking into this and will post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk,

I've added my account number 👍

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you also add your Account Number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi Chris,

Still no connection. Am currently on live chat after 2 hours, and he is saying an openreach engineer needs to visit.

I've got the steady blue light on the eero now, but won't connect to the internet.

Adam

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi Adam,

Just to confirm, do you still have no connection?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk,

So activation day has more or less been and gone. I don't have an Internet connection as we approach 11pm, and while I know that Talktalk state that it can be as late as midnight before it goes live, I don't hold out a lot of hope having read stories from others who have suffered similar issues.

Assuming I don't wake up with an active connection tomorrow morning, who do I need to speak to to get this sorted ASAP. I'm supposed to be working from home all week while having work done in the house, so it is imperative that we get up and running.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Thanks for confirming that.  Looking forward to getting online again.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi bunnonthebass

For customers with a pre-installed ONT, the engineer will need to check a few details as part of the order and activate the service. The engineer will simply ensure that the service is working at the property. 

Usually installation takes a few hours, I suspect it will be quicker due to already installed ONT. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk, thanks for your response.

Would you mind confirming whether this engineer is going to be coming out to us to do work at the property on the 9th?  And if so, what exactly will they be doing?  I haven't been able to get any information regarding this from the people I've spoken to over the phone.

0 Likes