cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Firmware Update

SuperflyForever
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 120 of 120

Hello there, I saw after some searching that people were requesting an update pushed to their router. We recently upgrade to Fibre 65 and despite the offer saying we would be provided with a new router, we didn't get one sent. So instead we bought one but it seems that the firmware according to some posts I gleamed through on the forums here that it needs an update.

Over the past few weeks since having the new router, we will have had inconsistent disconnections. It will sometimes happen multiple times in an hour or once every 24 hours. I saw people saying it was some DNS issue, but before I went messing around with that by myself, I was hoping to get some proper support before I go ahead with that.

The current router firmware is #SG4K10002816.

0 Likes
119 REPLIES 119

Message 61 of 120

OK, just let us know if you experience any further issues

Chris

0 Likes

Message 62 of 120

Will keep an eye on it for the rest of the week, but I'm (touch wood) pretty hopeful that it's fixed.

0 Likes

Message 63 of 120

That's great news SuperflyForever, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 64 of 120

Hello Michelle. The stability has been perfectly fine over the weekend, I haven't noticed any issues. We didn't have any phone calls though, so I can't say for sure about that, but the replacement router does seem to have done the trick.

0 Likes

Message 65 of 120

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the speed and stability has been over the last few days?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 66 of 120

Hi,

Hopefully the replacement router has resolved this particular issue 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 67 of 120

Thank you, still sitting on the edge of my seat about the phone knocking the internet out, but so far it's been okay? Fingers crossed.

Message 68 of 120

Hello,

Ok, we'll check back in with you in a couple of days to see how the speeds compare. If there is no change then please post back here.

Thanks

Message 69 of 120

Hmm, will look into that a little later, thanks for spending a little time to investigate though, I must be imagining things or something. All the latest issues just making me paranoid or something probably!

0 Likes

Message 70 of 120

Hi,

No problem. I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the sync speed is higher than this. Have you recently tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds?

Thanks

Message 71 of 120

Yes, that would be wonderful if you could. Running speed tests and the like is mostly showing the download speed barely being able to go over 30MB, which it definitely shouldn't be doing.

Message 72 of 120

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Would you like us to look at your current speeds for you?

Thanks

Message 73 of 120

It's been okay so far, the speed of the internet still isn't as wonderful as it could be. But we haven't had many phone calls to check if it's been going out, so will keep monitoring but so far it's been pretty good.

0 Likes

Message 74 of 120

Morning,

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 75 of 120

Okay, thank you. Will keep an eye out for all the various issues we have. Thanks for the continued support.

0 Likes

Message 76 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever,

The router will need updating but this should happen automatically over the next couple of days. Just let us know if you experience any further issues

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 77 of 120

Hello, the router recently arrived and I have set it up. Like the very initial problem I had with the router firmware, I am wondering if the new one needs to be updated or if it's already on the latest version. It's currently #SG4K10001400t. Thank you.

I will try to monitor any drops the internet may have.

0 Likes

Message 78 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

Ok that's great. 

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 79 of 120

It hasn't arrived yet, but I do feel like the engineer the other day made the connection a bit more stable during the uptime. Lower ping and streaming VOD doesn't seem as choppy, so that's something. I got an email saying the package should be arriving soon, so will let you all know as soon as possible since it may take a few days. Thank you again.

Message 80 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks