cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Following a bad review of Talk Talk as a Company

Gabor85
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Following a bad review I left on Trustpilot and Google of Talk Talk as Company and the really poor service they provide, I wanted to leave my thoughts here too. I believe Talk Talk are the worst Internet providers in the UK and can not wait for my contract to end with them and will never ever sign up with them again. I recently got charged £50 for an Engineers visit, that was apparently needed as their Technical Team couldnt diagnose and address slow internet speed and the internet dropping out, over the phone. Its turned out that when I signed up I had the wrong router sent out, which needed to be changed, hence the slow speed and when their Engineer finally turned up and sorted it all out, it was charged a fee for it. It's outrageous. When I called up to dispute the fee, I was told by their very unknowldegeable stuff, that I wasn't eligible for a dispute, in rather script like reason. 

G
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Gabor85,

Apologies, have sent you a PM requesting for further details, we'll then look into this for you there.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Yeah, I would have thought that too, wait for a further response from Arne. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Ferguson,

No unfortunately, haven't. 

I may not have been enabled yet, as pointed out by Gliwmaeden2.

This is what I have:

Gabor85_0-1658243123575.png

Thank You.

G

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

@Gabor85, you'd normally get a notification email about it too, to the address associated with the forum. 

You would be able to access the message from there, after logging in to the forum.

One of my messages looks like this:

Screenshot_20220719-144831_Gmail.jpg

@Arne-TalkTalk, it's possible that PMs have not yet been enabled for @Gabor85?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

So there is nothing in your Inbox when you click on your avatar and then the envelope icon top right, as shown here?

0 Likes

Gabor85
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

Hello Gliwmaeden2,

Thank you.

I was meant to get a PM into my inbox from Talk Talk, but there are no messages showing in my inbox, so not sure.

G
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Click on your avatar (top right) where a number should be showing  - that's where you get notifications and PMs.

The message envelope has the PMs - just click to read it and reply from there, @Gabor85.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gabor85
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hello Arne,

I haven't received any PM's. Could you tell me where I find this or how I view it?

Thanks

G
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Gabor85

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Sorry to see this. If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes