cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Global VPN client can no longer connect from laptop through my talktalk router

GrannyCh
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I am also no longer able to connect to my Work VPN this week. I use the Global VPN client on a Windows laptop.

I found that if I disconnect the TalkTalk router and instead connect my own router directly to the ONT I can then connect to my Work VPN. However I then cannot get my digital voice phone line working as it does not work if Talktalk router is connected through my own router to the internet, so I have had to reconnect your router as the router connected to the ONT in order to keep the phone line working. So my VPN is now not working again due to this issue with the talk talk router. The problem with the TalkTalk router also stops WiFi calling from our mobile phones from working.

Whatever you have done to my Talktalk router in the last few days, could you please get it fixed or let me know what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @GrannyCh 

I'm glad to hear that this is now working.

Our Devices Team are still looking into the issue with the new firmware to resolve this.

0 Likes

GrannyCh
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks that does seem to have fixed the vpn issue for the time being and I notice my mobile also now shows the icon that WiFi calling is now enabled.

It is odd that other people have been complaining of similar issues since Monday and yet this is only being fixed on a case by case basis once people have publicly complained about it on the forum, instead of rolling back whatever change has caused this for everyone.

But thanks for getting it fixed for me.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @GrannyCh 

I'm really sorry about this.

I've made a change, please can you retest?

0 Likes