cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Having to reset VDSL modem to recover broadband connectivity

Iceage
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi, after testing with my TT HG633 router, Netgear DM200 and finally contacting TT over chat where no fault was found, I have now replaced my Netgear with a high quality Vigor 130 modem to try and resolve my broadband dropping intermittently. We have checked the line for noise and the VDSL sync is ~70Mb. The line has dropped two times today and the simple resolution is to power cycle the modem. The modems are required as I run Unifi equipment in my home as the TT router will not give me adequate wifi range, speed or act as a bridge to my network. Is it possible to have the port in the street cabinet checked to see if there are any errors showing or is there anything else that could be suggested?

I have a modern BT plate with a separate ADSL port and the cables have all been changed as part of the modem replacement. Unfortunately when the VDSL link drops the VDSL lights indicate a connection on all the 3 modem/routers that I have tested. When I attempt to check using the TT router ofc as there has been a reset, the broadband fault disappears.

The fault occurred at both 6am and 12pm today.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as we depend on our line for work and everything else in-between.

Andy.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Iceage

I've completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Iceage
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi Talk Talk team, I understand I haven't agreed to the charges and wanted to get you to test my line when I have a fault condition, I am experiencing (via a directly connected device) <2Mb down and 19Mb up. Are you able to run a test now and then we can discuss if the call will be chargeable ?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Iceage

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie, I left this to monitor to see if the fault had cleared but unfortunately it failed again at 15.50 today. Would you be able to organise an engineer check to see if they can find the issue ? The VDSL modem is directly connected into the DSL socket on the Openreach socket.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Iceage

Thanks for your reply.

As you have tested with different routers then the next step will be an engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this?

Is the router at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie, thank you for coming back so quickly and performing a test. Wifi and local connectivity are fine, just the broadband connection drops. The router gateway loses the IP traffic as I presume that is what is happening in this case and reports the loss in the console. A previous issue we had is that the port had to be reset in the street cabinet but I am not certain this is the issue in this case. I'd also like to say that I have been a TT customer for over 10 years and this is only the second occasion during that time that we have experienced broadband outages, great service in my opinion.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Andy

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

Is this only affecting wireless connections?

0 Likes