cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Home move disaster

Backofficevictim
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Talktalk have given us the worst home move ever, 23rd October to now with no Internet and we're at the mercy of a mysterious back office team who work at a glacially slow pace. Not even a complaint speeds things up.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Backofficevictim

The cease / activation can be anytime today.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalk so today is the day, forgive me for being cynical but in the unlikely event our previous property is actually disconnected by Talktalk today and we get our internet at the new property what time should we expect it to happen? Will we get a notification that it should be working or will we just be expected to keep trying to connect to the wifi in the new property throughout they day? Or will it be 11:59pm? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalk Yes indeed the complaints manager eventually called at 5:30 pm after I spent even more time on livechat trying to find out why he hadn't called between 2-4 pm

6 days to port a number whatever that means, amazing. Is there anything Talktalk does that doesn't take a week to process? I'm sure I'll be back here on the 21st when we've still got no internet at the new property because there's the wrong type of leaves on the line and Talktalk need another month to sort that out 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

HI Backofficevictim

The notes show a call was made 17:30, once the service at the previous property ceases on the 20th the service will activate, its my understanding that the delay is caused by the number porting.

Sorry for the delays.

0 Likes

Backofficevictim
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalk no call from the complaint manager again and still no official confirmation that the disconnection date is the 20th and why it isn't today (which is the 7th working day of the 5-7 working days we were quoted) or if the 20th means our internet will also be switched on in our new property

0 Likes

Backofficevictim
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalk we have never had notification that the cease on the old line is the 20th and that is 6 days after a livechat colleague said the Internet would be up and running in our new property. Of course in the unlikely event the old line is ceased on the 20th will there then be another 21 working day wait before the Internet works in the new property? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Sorry that you are having problems. 

You have a callback booked for today from 14:00 , because you have an open complaint we on the community cant interfere.  FYI  The cease on the old line is set for the 20th. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

I have found the Complaints department to be so unreliable about calling that I simply decided they were not worth the effort, @Backofficevictim.

Staff should respond tomorrow. Thanks for posting the full story.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 9 of 13

Oh yes and the complaints manager assigned constantly misses calls he's arranged (supposed to call Friday and didn't and supposed to call today and didn't) because I imagine he has no update because  the back office team can't solve the internet issue and a call to update us he feels isn't worth even making to us

0 Likes

Backofficevictim
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

OK we moved house on the 23rd October with an Openreach engineer attending the new property on 31st October and all of the internet is installed and ready to go in the new property. 

However when we tried to log on we get a HTTP error or a page saying we're not allowed to access the service. I called Talktalk on 31st October and was assured it would be up and running in 24 hours.

24 hours and more passed with still no access so once again contacted  Talktalk to enquire where our access was only to be told that the order was rejected and that the back office team would need to have a system error escalated to them. This error being that Talktalk haven't disconnected the internet at our previous property. This would take 24-48 working hours to escalate to them followed by 5-7 working days to actually sort out. Which is an astonishing amount of time when it's a complaint and glacially slow. Tomorrow is working day 7 and we're still no closer to knowing if it will be fixed, livechat are cagey and evasive at most and loathe to commit to a timescale, in which case why give one if you've no intention of honouring it and the best they can offer is to repeat the whole process again.

So my question is this, has anyone else encountered this and if so, why can't this mysterious back office team fix it? Is this something new to them? It's apparently disconnecting our previous poperty's internet, a system issue that needs to be located. Currently our order shows that the connection on 31st October is outstanding and even says the Openreach engineer didn't attend when we know he did and even Talktalk have confirmed he did.

Message 11 of 13

@Backofficevictim, though you posted this on Friday, it didn't enter the queue for attention till Saturday, and staff are working through multiple threads, so it can take a day or two (Monday to Friday) to get a response. 

It's not immediate, like phone / Chat support. 

If you have a complaint progressing, it can mean that forum staff cannot intervene. 

Perhaps elaborate on the situation a little more clearly so we can understand better what has happened so far.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Backofficevictim
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

No response so it looks like this is a problem that's beyond Talktalk's ability to fix, has anyone else experienced it or is it just us?

0 Likes