cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Huawai Wi-F- Hub

LongTTmember
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Slower than my older D-Link 3782

J.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

If the connection is working then I wouldn't worry about the light not staying on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thank you for your very prompt reply. No, it is not the 3782 which is a D-link router but the TalkTalk Huawai Hub Black,( in a much better condition than the replacement Sagemcom)  I think the number is DG8041W-2.T5.

When you first switch on the Sagem the amber light comes on, flashes for a couple of minutes and then instead of turning white, goes off but the connection stays on.

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Good morning,

Thanks for your PM. If you were previously using the 3782 router then you don't have to return this, unless you would like us to recycle this for you, then we can send a bag to you.

Just to confirm, is your connection dropping when the lights flash?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi LongTTmember

Did you receive the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

A router is on the way, with a returns bag for the old router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thank you Debbie.  If you think the Sagemcom router would provide me with a better service, given the constraints of my line, I would be happy to accept your offer.  If so, how would you like me to return the Hauwaii router?

Regards

ScowofChi

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi ScowofChi

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Thank you for your e-mail.

No, I am not having any voice call problems. Broadband speed is in the region of 8 to 11 Mbps with the Huaweii.  For a while I have been using my old D-Link  3782 which runs well at 11 to 13.9 Mbps (maximum speed available here is about 14 to 15).

I have wasted enough time trying to understand this and have decided to stick to the D-Link. Also please see some of the Community replies.

Thanks for your efforts.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Talktalk no longer sends these out, @LongTTmember.

Complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account (in your profile area).

Might be worth switching the router off for at least 30 minutes.

Then leave it on until you get a response from staff, so they can check what's happening during the day, @LongTTmember.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes