cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Increasing disconnection

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi I seem to be encountering an increasing number of disconnections over the last 14 days along with a decreasing download now  down to 16.8 Mbps as measured by Sam knows.

I interacted with the automated diagnostics at the weekend which appeared to indicated first there was and then there wasn't an issue and then suggested I contact chat by which time they were all safely tucked  up at  home. My router is an HG 8041W.

I haven't  as yet tried  a 30 minute reboot as whilst that may improve the download I doubt it will cure the disconnections.

Many thanks in advance.

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk just when you think it is over 15 mins disconnect shortly  after I pressed send. Wait and  see I'll start  a new thread if it continues.

D

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Divsec

That's great 🙂 I'm so glad to hear this.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk thanks for  asking no unplanned disconnections and speeds back inside contract minimum. Super. 

Message 4 of 19

Morning Divsec

How's the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Ah right I see. No problem. I'll check back in with you in a few days just to see if the connection has fully stabilised.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk it's a good thought but this has been going n for a few weeks now, and we live near the coast so get all 4seasons in a day😁🥶🤧🥵

Message 7 of 19

Hiya,

Just a thought but did you have any bad weather prior to this happening as we had quite bad wind/snow on Sunday and I'm wondering if maybe the weather affected this and maybe the router was just a coincidence?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Morning to you too @Michelle-TalkTalk just the 1 during the night and I wonder if that was the firmware updating? Thanks for your interest, I guess I don't have anything to complain about now as we are back above minimum speeds. Do you think the Huawei router was broken or just having a mid life crisis?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see 1 re-connection on the line so far. How have you found the connection so far or is it too early to tell?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Thanks 👍

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hey,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂 I'll check the connection stats tomorrow morning if that's ok to see how both the stability and speed are looking?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

@Michelle-TalkTalk sagemcom now  installed speeds  are better. (Above guarantee) 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hiya,

I'm good thank you, are you ok? 🙂

Ok thanks and we can re-check the stats again.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk hope you are well I'll see if I can find a sagemcom and pop it on, it might  attract a software update. Will advise when  installed.

D

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 19

Morning,

Sorry to hear this. I've run a line test now which is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. Do you have a different router that you can test with please?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Yes indeed, thanks  for that. Who's this David guy.🤫

Divsec

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

Hi David, I trust you have tried all the usual stuff e.g. checking for noise on the voice side; checking at the test socket etc?

Other than that, you know the score, I am sure our friends in the support team will get on this as soon as they can. 🙂