cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent WAN Connection

badappleuktalk
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

I've tried to speak to the support centre this morning with no luck, I'm having continual network drops from my incoming fiber connection over the last 48hrs.

Please see the attached images, I'm in York and have heard reports of others experiencing the same issues. 

The support team over the phone won't help me because I'm not using the standard router, but as you can clearly see, the issue is with the incoming network connection from the street. 

This has worked fine for 2+ Years without issue, with no changes on my end.. the issue has to be with the incoming WAN connection. 

Please help.

Image (2).jpegImage (1).jpegImage (3).jpeg

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

Morning,

Can I just confirm, has my colleague been in touch?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that and I'll post straight back here as soon as the team come back to me.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

Thank you @Michelle-TalkTalk as you can see this continues today... I factory reset the ONT box on the advice of one of your colleagues over the phone, but that unfortunately didn't improve anything. Outage durations below.

April 2ndApril 2nd

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you and also to hear this. I've contacted our Faults Escalation Team now to advise that your connection is still unstable and asked if they can provide an update on this ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 39

@badappleuktalk, there's only a skeleton staff covering Bank Holidays and not over weekends. 

If this is not reached today, it should be picked up again on Tuesday. 

To discuss leaving, you need to call the Loyalty team on 03451 720088, but they are unlikely to waive early termination fees if you have not waited for the follow up from forum support. You'd need to give Talktalk more time investigating. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

badappleuktalk
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 39

@Michelle-TalkTalk This is completely unacceptable... after calling for the 3rd time, apparently a City Fiber engineer can't see any issues... what is going on!

Please can you advise of what options I have to end my contract given you can't reliably offer the service I'm paying for, I can see there are now other providers in my area who can offer the same speeds.  

April 1stApril 1stApril 1stApril 1stApril 1stApril 1st 

0 Likes

badappleuktalk
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 39

@Michelle-TalkTalk This is still happening and I'm still yet to be contacted.. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

They have @Michelle-TalkTalk however they advised someone would be coming to our house today to resolve and unfortunately as of yet, no one has arrived. Frustrating as I’ve waited in all day. 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

Hello,

Can I just confirm, has my colleague now contacted you since my last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

Morning,

I received a message that my colleague was looking into this yesterday afternoon. Just to confirm, have you heard anymore since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk do you know if this will be today? I work from home and the intermitent connection is really disruptive 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 39

Hello,

Thank you. I've passed this over now. I can see that there was planned maintenance work in your area but this was on 21/03 so may not be related. I've asked the team to take a look and I will post back as soon as I know more. It's also possible that the team may try and contact you directly.

Michelle

Message 33 of 39

Thank you so much @Michelle-TalkTalk  for additional info, looks like it started on the 24th. 

Internet LogsInternet Logs

0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

Hi again,

Ok thanks for confirming. I'll ask our Faults Escalation Team to take a look and will post back as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

Thanks Michelle, I don't use the eero.. I use UniFi Express - Ubiquiti

I've restarted the ONT when I thought there might be some intermittent issue, but this hasn't resolved it.

As you can see from the logs, the time interval is short between each drop, so each time i've not gone into the network room in the house to check. I'll do that next time I'm at home to see what it's doing, but I suspect they'll be flashing. 

Is there anything you can try on your end in the interim to stabilise the connection?   

0 Likes

Message 36 of 39

Hello,

Thank you. I've checked and I can't see any outages but I can see re-connections on the line. Can I just ask, have you noticed if any of the lights are changing on the ONT when the connection drops please? Are you using an eero?

Michelle

0 Likes

badappleuktalk
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 39

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk all updated, any help would be much appreciated

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 38 of 39

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle