cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet connection keeps randomly dropping throughout the day

AJW93
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Hello. 

We've recently had an engineer around our house to check the connections within our home. He's replaced the ethernet cable as he said there was a manufacturing fault with it which could be causing the dropouts in connection. 

Since the visit we've been having the same issues where our internet will randomly drop throughout the day for roughly a couple of minutes at a time. 

When checking the router there is a flashing orange light which eventually turns to steady white once the internet has reconnected. 

I'm just wondering what this issue could be? 

Thanks. 

A.White
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the stability compares. Openreach maintain the connection up to the test socket so the faceplate is classed as internal wiring. Do you have any extension sockets?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

AJW93
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 28

Thanks Michelle for this. So I've just got back as we've been out this morning. I've connected the router to the test socket via a microfilter. I'll keep you posted on how it performs. What would be the next step if it ends up being the faceplate that's the issue? Will it be something we'd have to pay for? 

A.White
0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Hi,

No problem. Please let us know how you get on 🙂

I've also moved your other topic as requested so you should only see this topic.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

AJW93
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 28

Hi Michelle. 

I'll have to check this a little later as my children have got school this morning however I will let you know how it's doing once the test has been done.

Regards. 

P.S: Is there a way to remove the old post that I put up so I don't get replies on both posts?

A.White
0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to test the router, microfilter and phone at the test socket for a short period just to rule this out please? If the connection is still dropping then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

AJW93
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 28

Hi Michelle. Thanks for your reply.

The router is still the same one that we've always had since being with TalkTalk. I believe there is a test socket behind the faceplate however I haven't tested the connection with this. 

A.White
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. however the connection does look very unstable. Has your router also been replaced? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes