cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet cutting out at midnight every Sunday - unable to modify HomeSafe settings due to error

ABCroft
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Like many of your users I'm experiencing my internet dropping out for an hour periodically from midnight on Sundays despite the Hub and connection tests being fine. Similar users have apparently resolved this via HomeSafe settings, however, again like many of your users, I am also experiencing an issue where these options are unavailable and instead receive the below error message -

"There was a technical error

We’re sorry and working hard to resolve this. Please try again later."

Can you please look to resolve this access issue, or failing this, ensure there are no HomeSafe settings applied that would be causing this loss of service? Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @ABCroft

While this issue is still ongoing, there is a work around to stop this happening. 

If you log into your router and change the DNS settings this will bypass Homesafe instructions can be found on our help page Using 3rd Party DNS - TalkTalk Help & Support 

The root cause of the fault has been identified and a fix will be implemented as soon as its been tested. 

Regards 

0 Likes

Treheveras
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Sorry to say this error has been happening to me for weeks. I’ve learned that it’s a low priority as so few users are affected so a fix is taking a long time. 
Why an ISP would turn the internet connection off by default and then have no way for users to change the default setting is beyond belief! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi, unfortunately I can't check due to the error I referred to (attached). Is there another way to check this? Thanks

Error.PNG
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi ABCroft

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

0 Likes