cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet down

Dalecooper1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

My internet first went down last week on Thursday. It came back up on the Friday morning. I hoped it was a temporary outage. That Thursday evening I spent two hours fruitlessly talking to an agent. My internet went down again this Monday morning and I spent an hour talking to an agent who said I’d be called. I contacted the team again on the chat at 4pm and was talking for two hours running through tests. I really am tired of speaking to these agents as I’m not getting anywhere. I need to get an engineer to come look at the fault or speak to someone. Does anyone have any guidance on the next step to getting this issue resolved? 

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 1 of 50

Morning Dale,

How are you getting on? How has your connection been over the last 48hrs?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 50

Hi Dalecooper1

If the same fault occurs again with the replacement router then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 50

yeah of course. Was concerned it might be a problem if I switched but I have no idea. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 50

Hi Dalecooper1

If you do experience any issues then please can you try the new router.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 50

I will. Would you suggest trying the new router. if that doesn't work then....further investigation may be needed? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 50

Hi Dalecooper1

If you do experience any further issues then please can you post back here and let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 50

Yes. it came back on randomly... I am not sure what to make of it or if it'll go out again....

0 Likes

Message 8 of 50

Hi Dalecooper1

Has the connection been working ok over the last few days?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 50

I haven't? I kind of felt a bit nervous about messing with the wifi after it came up again. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 50

Hi Dalecooper1

Have you connected up the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 50

It would just easily rule out/identify a potential problem. Anyway, has the connection held up over recent days?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 50

I don't think so??  I could try ask a neighbour when they're in? But doesn't feel super likely? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 50

Is it possible for you to borrow a telephone handset to check if you have a crossed line?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 50

Yes I recieved the new router yesterday. I haven't actually attempted to switch it. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 50
0 Likes

Message 16 of 50

Hopefully the replacement router will arrive today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 50

Oh okay. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 50

Yes, I know. I meant if you continue to experience problems with the new router when it arrives

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 50

This isn't the new router. Its the same router. I haven't recieved the new router. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 50

If you continue to experience problems with the new router we'll arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes